Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa)
    I had a nightmare last year. Looking back at it now it's a lot more simpler and I feel I'm more comfortable
    Ah are you resitting PHYA1 or PHYA2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh sorry. I didn't mean we come up with it - they'll probably give us an application or experiment for us to explain using what we know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, ok. Even the back EMF you asked before is essentially a consequence of Lenz's law

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah are you resitting PHYA1 or PHYA2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4 5 and 6t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    Oh, ok. Even the back EMF you asked before is essentially a consequence of Lenz's law

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah - you can tell I'm not confident on those topics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4 5 and 6t
    Ah right! Apparently 25% of people at our college fail each exam, which completely freaked me out when I found out Hahha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah - you can tell I'm not confident on those topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, actually I'm sure you excel at those topics, I just said that because I thought that would fit the topic we were talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've left it too late, I though I only needed an A but I might need an A*. Haven't done a single past paper yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    No, actually I'm sure you excel at those topics, I just said that because I thought that would fit the topic we were talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah thanks but I'm just so worried for these exams. Definitely my hardest subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    I've left it too late, I though I only needed an A but I might need an A*. Haven't done a single past paper yet
    Haven't done a PHYA4 paper yet, or either unit?

Either way, you could still pull it off. There's over a month until the first exam. There's not actually that many past papers so it's perfectly doable if you start at 2010

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone describe the definitions of

Accuracy
    Precision
    Reliability
    Validity

In terms of the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Either way, you could still pull it off. There's over a month until the first exam. There's not actually that many past papers so it's perfectly doable if you start at 2010

Posted from TSR Mobile

help ^ ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't done a single physics paper in either unit lol, I'm still reading the book. Now I am a fast learner but this is pushing me.

How likely would you say it is to get A* in a month

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone describe the definitions of

Accuracy
    Precision
    Reliability
    Validity

In terms of the course
    Accurate: Close to the true value
    Precise: Little spread about the mean
    Reliable: If you repeat you get similar results
    Valid: how suitable the experiment is

ReputationRep:
    Accurate: Close to the true value
    Precise: Little spread about the mean
    Reliable: If you repeat you get similar results
    Valid: how suitable the experiment is

cheers BROTHER

ReputationRep:
    Haven't done a single physics paper in either unit lol, I'm still reading the book. Now I am a fast learner but this is pushing me.

How likely would you say it is to get A* in a month
    I'm sure you'll be fine! What book do you use? When do you plan on starting your first paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I'm sure you'll be fine! What book do you use? When do you plan on starting your first paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The official aqa approved one, I should start this week after I've finished reading the book (I haven't even read the book yet that's how much I neglected physics)

ReputationRep:
    The official aqa approved one, I should start this week after I've finished reading the book (I haven't even read the book yet that's how much I neglected physics)
    Ah right! You'll be okay as long as you continue to put effort into revision. The thing is papers are so scarce for this course that you might find leaving them until slightly later than normal isn't a bad thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Once anyone has done section B of the physics empa, any advice would be great as mine is next Monday! Doesn't have to be specific as I like a challenge 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hey_there_boy)
    Once anyone has done section B of the physics empa, any advice would be great as mine is next Monday! Doesn't have to be specific as I like a challenge 😁
    See Lau14's guide to the EMPA in the first post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i have all 36 chemistry marks with answers, willing to provide ADVICE on all 36 marks if somebody has ADVICE for all 24 Physics marks

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.