The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Which time???
Original post by l1lvink
Which time???

That's the time taken for the body to travel round the circle from its initial position. It could be less or grater than the time period, the time taken for the body to travel a complete circle(2pi).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Again, thank you! Added to the first post - your contribution to the thread is really appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem, figured I might as well post them if I'm doing them for myself anyway!

Original post by ubisoft
Oops, I meant answers as well as questions

I don't really have the time sorry, it's just meant as a quick reference list for me!
Original post by Lau14

I don't really have the time sorry, it's just meant as a quick reference list for me!

Did you literally type of of those questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
When do you use right hand rule and when the left hand?
Reply 1286
Original post by ubisoft
When do you use right hand rule and when the left hand?

Should be in my guide under an exam tip ->
Right hand rule for generating an EMF

Left hand rule for the motor effect :smile:

The "right hand grip" rule might also be used for the direction of a field around a current carrying wire.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Did you literally type of of those questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, copying and pasting from a pdf gives you messed up formats so you end up having to mess around so much that typing them out isn't any slower.
Original post by Lau14
Yeah, copying and pasting from a pdf gives you messed up formats so you end up having to mess around so much that typing them out isn't any slower.

That's very kind of you did this, I couldn't do that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm planning to ignore the 6-mark question and just try to ace the rest of the paper. If I have time I'll make some bullet points for the 6-marker which should hopefully 2-3 points. Anyone else doing this?
Original post by PotterPhysics
I'm planning to ignore the 6-mark question and just try to ace the rest of the paper. If I have time I'll make some bullet points for the 6-marker which should hopefully 2-3 points. Anyone else doing this?

Yeah haha. They're not worth the time. In the same time you could get more marks doing other questions.
Reply 1291
Original post by ubisoft
Yeah haha. They're not worth the time. In the same time you could get more marks doing other questions.

Do you think it's worth doing some bullets for the six marker first , then going back to write it out in full if you have time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubisoft

I'm actually going to ignore section B completely and stick to multiple choice section lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1293
I'm actually going to ignore section B completely and stick to multiple choice section lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't that a bit risky given its only 25 marks? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Isn't that a bit risky given its only 25 marks? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

A bit risky?! That's too risky lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Do you think it's worth doing some bullets for the six marker first , then going back to write it out in full if you have time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I meant. I'll write some obvious points down, then come back to it at the end if I have time. Writing in paragraphs takes too much time, while I could be doing calculations much faster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?! that's only 25 marks, even if you did get 25/25 (very unlikely, I am only getting 15ish) that would still be a D max
Reply 1297
Original post by ubisoft
Yeah that's what I meant. I'll write some obvious points down, then come back to it at the end if I have time. Writing in paragraphs takes too much time, while I could be doing calculations much faster.

Makes sense! I don't know how many marks out of 6 the QoWC counts for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Makes sense! I don't know how many marks out of 6 the QoWC counts for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's 3 for the answer and 3 for the English. Good compromise getting half marks but with quarter the time
Reply 1299
Original post by ubisoft
I think it's 3 for the answer and 3 for the English. Good compromise getting half marks but with quarter the time

Haha makes sense. Is it really 3 for English? That's insane. Especially given the number of points on the mark scheme that are available for answer marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending