Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i wanted to start a new thread for the WJEC coursework and i was just wondering what preparation we need to do
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isaact)
    Hi guys, i wanted to start a new thread for the WJEC coursework and i was just wondering what preparation we need to do
    Moving to the biology section

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I did the AS coursework last year, and honestly all I can say is dont stress too much over it, its actually a very simple piece.

usually all schools do a mock practical assessment so you can understand the layout of the questions and how to get all the marks. this is the most valuable thing you will do so make sure your notes made are very detailed.

after that most of it can be memorized and adapted to the task accordingly on the day.

one bit of advice our teachers gave us was that if the experiment was going drastically wrong, there is no harm in making up SOME results (this also speeds up time)

personally I didnt do that as my results went okay, but you need as much time as possible to write the actual thing up.

a good idea now would be to go and have a look at exemplar answers on the WJEC website, I could also post my mock assessment on here if that would be any use to you??? it is different from your task this year i believe but all the write up will still be very similar. if you need that just ask.

ReputationRep:
    I did it last year. Basically listen out for the teachers subtle hints throughout the teaching period. And use all the time you can get. I basically wrote up what I was going to write and just memorised it, then wrote it all down. Just use all the time is my best piece of advice that got me an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    I did the AS coursework last year, and honestly all I can say is dont stress too much over it, its actually a very simple piece.

usually all schools do a mock practical assessment so you can understand the layout of the questions and how to get all the marks. this is the most valuable thing you will do so make sure your notes made are very detailed.

after that most of it can be memorized and adapted to the task accordingly on the day.

one bit of advice our teachers gave us was that if the experiment was going drastically wrong, there is no harm in making up SOME results (this also speeds up time)

personally I didnt do that as my results went okay, but you need as much time as possible to write the actual thing up.

a good idea now would be to go and have a look at exemplar answers on the WJEC website, I could also post my mock assessment on here if that would be any use to you??? it is different from your task this year i believe but all the write up will still be very similar. if you need that just ask.
    Are you doing A2 bio then this year. I swear its so hard to find people doing the WJEC exam board of Biology, theres so much to learn!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madiwadi)
    Are you doing A2 bio then this year. I swear its so hard to find people doing the WJEC exam board of Biology, theres so much to learn!!
    Yea my college LOVE WJEC, and I live in Manchester haha.

there is so much to learn but honestly there isnt much of a jump from AS to A2 and the exams are very simple.

best exam board.

ReputationRep:
    I am really nervous, as I didn't do brilliantly in my mock coursework. The teachers said this is normal, but I am starting to worry…. Where can you find exemplar work?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socksonmyfeet)
    I am really nervous, as I didn't do brilliantly in my mock coursework. The teachers said this is normal, but I am starting to worry…. Where can you find exemplar work?
    I just looked at the examiners report for BY3 on WJEC website, if you can't find it there type it into Google

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you, that is a great idea!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you soooo much guys

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.