Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are we expected to use 2.5m1-m2 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disney0702)
    I believe we will be getting the R paper because I just heard that the AQA Biology students got an R paper
    Does that to change anything?

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know how to fully derive pV = 1/3 N m (Crms)^2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xela238)
    All it means is we'll have a different paper from the one that was originally intended for us....

We shouldn't see a difference apart from the letter R on the paper's code. Don't know why everyone seems to think it's such a big thing!

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know how to fully derive pV = 1/3 N m (Crms)^2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klaxoii)
    Attachment 430757

Always get stuck on these sorts of questions, can someone give me a hand please

EDIT - just realised I can equate kinetic energy and eV

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can I ask what unit this is for ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xela238)
    Sorry what's an R paper?

ReputationRep:
    I've got pretty much the whole unit (section A and B, astro) left to revise (I'm a moron). I've so far found that the CGP revision book (not the one linked in the OP but I think it's exactly the same?) isn't great at all for A2 physics - it doesn't go into much depth and I've found that I don't really understand stuff (and I can't answer questions) when I've used it (it was brilliant for AS though!)

I really need an in-depth revision resource so I can get everything done ASAP so I can do some past papers. I've been looking at the online revision guide linked in the OP and I did use it for some of unit 4, but since it's a free resource I'm not really sure. So I was just wondering if anyone that's used it could give me some advice - is it useful and really accurate, and could I use it as my main source of revision? If I go through the whole guide can I expect to know all the content?

Any other revision resources or tips would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejamo)
    Do we need to know how to fully derive pV = 1/3 N m (Crms)^2
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betbi3etwerrd)
    Can I ask what unit this is for ?
    Turning points - option D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejamo)
    Do we need to know how to fully derive pV = 1/3 N m (Crms)^2?
    I have. There was one question during past papers that it was useful for. Definitely something you'll regret not learning if it does come up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I've got pretty much the whole unit (section A and B, astro) left to revise (I'm a moron). I've so far found that the CGP revision book (not the one linked in the OP but I think it's exactly the same?) isn't great at all for A2 physics - it doesn't go into much depth and I've found that I don't really understand stuff (and I can't answer questions) when I've used it (it was brilliant for AS though!)

I really need an in-depth revision resource so I can get everything done ASAP so I can do some past papers. I've been looking at the online revision guide linked in the OP and I did use it for some of unit 4, but since it's a free resource I'm not really sure. So I was just wondering if anyone that's used it could give me some advice - is it useful and really accurate, and could I use it as my main source of revision? If I go through the whole guide can I expect to know all the content?

Any other revision resources or tips would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
    Try CD223 guide on the first page, really useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roar96)
    All it means is we'll have a different paper from the one that was originally intended for us....

We shouldn't see a difference apart from the letter R on the paper's code. Don't know why everyone seems to think it's such a big thing!
    I think its because they've quickly had to remake an exam. Usually they have exams prepared much in advance and checked frequently. I guess the perception is that the paper may be harder/abnormal as it hasn't been as thoroughly looked over and assessed to be suitable?

I remember Edexcel for maths, I think two years ago, had some dilemma and made a crazy hard paper, with crazy low grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Just found a question on a past paper asking to use the answer from the question above (find Hubble constant) to estimate the age of the Universe??? How?? Pretty sure I haven't been taught this at all!

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's predictions for the 6 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simpletech668)
    Just found a question on a past paper asking to use the answer from the question above (find Hubble constant) to estimate the age of the Universe??? How?? Pretty sure I haven't been taught this at all!
    I believe you have to convert hubbles constant into it's SI units and then do 1/hubbles constant... not too sure though but it popped up somewhere in the cgp book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simpletech668)
    combine s=d/t with v=hd for the speed of light
    Requires some annoying unit conversions

ReputationRep:
    this paper is so easy 65/75 at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominicwild)
    I think its because they've quickly had to remake an exam. Usually they have exams prepared much in advance and checked frequently. I guess the perception is that the paper may be harder/abnormal as it hasn't been as thoroughly looked over and assessed to be suitable?

I remember Edexcel for maths, I think two years ago, had some dilemma and made a crazy hard paper, with crazy low grade boundaries.
    This is true. Although I've always assumed that the second paper must be created at the same time as the first?

There's a chance a question will be wrong and you'll end up with lower boundaries whether it's an original or R paper. I suppose if the second hasn't been looked through as thoroughly it may have more chance of a mistake.

I highly doubt they 'rush' to get this second paper ready... if it was a 3rd paper i'd see why everyone was worried but given that they always have a 2nd, reserve paper I don't see the fuss.

All the same, we shouldn't really see a difference on the day just might end up lucky with boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsestuff)
    We don't need to know it just that time goes slower for the moving object

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So if a twin was going on a journey the twin who went on the rocket to a distant planet would be older since they have accelerated and de- accelerated hence are not in an inertial frame of reference?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 30, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.