Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    You shouldn't have to rely on others as well as luck. Work hard and create your own luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Obviously I have been working but still doesn't mean I couldn't do with some extra help A* here I come

ReputationRep:
    What are some points on the stability curve (Z against N) that remembering them will help.

ReputationRep:
    Hey can someone help me? Basically, in the June 2011 paper, the question about binding energy for fission you took into account the neutrons but in the June 2014 paper they gave the binding energy of each element and you werent supposed to take into account neutrons. Why is that? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specter)
    Hey can someone help me? Basically, in the June 2011 paper, the question about binding energy for fission you took into account the neutrons but in the June 2014 paper they gave the binding energy of each element and you werent supposed to take into account neutrons. Why is that? Thank you!
    With june 2014 it says per nucleon. So that is a proton or a neutron. So it would be 235 x 7.59.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by palaseum9)
    Turning points 6 marker preductions??

Turning points - Previous 6 markers:
    June 14' - TEM microscopes
    June 13' - Hertz radio waves experiment (with stationary waves context)
    June 12' - Wave-particle duality of light
    June 11' - Double Slit experiment (with reference to Newton's and Huygen's theory of light)
    June 10' - STM microscopes
    it wont be microscopes, that makes me very happy

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for 6 marker? Or things they might ask in detail about what havent been asked before like damping in unit 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adangu)
    With june 2014 it says per nucleon. So that is a proton or a neutron. So it would be 235 x 7.59.
    but why don't we include the induced neutron and the 2 neutron released

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boombozx)
    but why don't we include the induced neutron and the 2 neutron released
    Neutrons have no binding energy.

ReputationRep:
    prediction for 6 marker?? and if anyone does turning points?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    cheers!!! I sort of get it now

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure what the 6 markers will be, but we have a replacement papers don't we? So there could be a similar 6 marker on that to recent papers(?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If one more person asks about why you don't take into account of the neutrons...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    It was big bang last year wasn't it? So very unlikely to come up again! Stellar evolution does seem pretty likely.
    Yeah I just did the 2014 paper and I hated that big bang question thats why im hoping for stellar evolution D

ReputationRep:
    I think they do since they are also constituents

ReputationRep:
    Any applied physicists in the house? woop woop!

*crickets*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoigaDendrophila)
    I'm not really sure what the 6 markers will be, but we have a replacement papers don't we? So there could be a similar 6 marker on that to recent papers(?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that is a very good point. were the papers ever leaked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    But k is on top and 4pi is on the bottomAttachment 431229
    Yeah and that can be displayed as I=k x 1/x2 then sub in K=Io/4pi and that makes the equation...

I=(Io/4pi) (1/X2)
    which leads to I=Io/4pi(X)2
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boombozx)
    that is a very good point. were the papers ever leaked?
    There wasn't actually any evidence that people who stole the van took the papers, there has been no leaks ect..

However AQA said they will not take the risk, hence they are giving us replacement papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oonic0rn)
    prediction for 6 marker?? and if anyone does turning points?
    SHC/Specific latent heat experiment may pop up, but the one we think is most likely to come up is the derivation of p=1/3Nmc^2 equation, but you know what AQA are like...

For turning points, the Michelson-Morley experiment perhaps?? :rolleyes:

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.