The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roar96
That one was pretty much done before a few years back was it not? Can't really think of any others :/

really? never seen it before. last one was pressure of a gas i believe
Original post by Ilovemaths96
really? never seen it before. last one was pressure of a gas i believe

But it uses kinetic theory to show the pressure of a gas do you not? Which derivation are you suggesting? Sorry, it's getting late and i'm a little confused!
Actually is there any chance the six marker focus on thermal physics?
e.g. Measurement of Specific Heat Capacity..
hoping for comparison of 2 methods of finding nuclear radius!

So you hope they repeat June 2012? I mean I expect them to steal some questions from past papers but that's asking for a lot for them to get one that recent!
Original post by roar96
But it uses kinetic theory to show the pressure of a gas do you not? Which derivation are you suggesting? Sorry, it's getting late and i'm a little confused!

sorry, talking about p=1/3Nmc^2 + assumptions.

i get what you mean now actually, guess i'm trying to say it'd probably be the same except bit more mathematical
Original post by smiley-face
So you hope they repeat June 2012? I mean I expect them to steal some questions from past papers but that's asking for a lot for them to get one that recent!

lol that would be best case scenario haha
Original post by ronaldlau14789
Actually is there any chance the six marker focus on thermal physics?
e.g. Measurement of Specific Heat Capacity..

like an isa type question?
****ting bricks for this exam!! Last one tho, so dunno whether to be sad or happy :/
This exam is like a tale of two halves. Astro, I'm uber confident on, but Section A...ugrhh! Since it's my last exam I might just stay up all night for Nuclear & Thermal
sorry, talking about p=1/3Nmc^2 + assumptions.

i get what you mean now actually, guess i'm trying to say it'd probably be the same except bit more mathematical

Ah yes, ok! See I hope that comes up but think it's a little unlikely because the other one was similar :/ Then again it was a few years back now so you never know! That would be quite a nice one to come up because it's always satisfying once you finish writing it out :smile:

But I can't think of any other gas related ones which I'm guessing is why not many have come up!
anyone got any good videos/links for Ideal Gas derivation?
Original post by davidharris96
anyone got any good videos/links for Ideal Gas derivation?

Search this thread. There's some good ones a few pages back :smile:
Original post by roar96
Ah yes, ok! See I hope that comes up but think it's a little unlikely because the other one was similar :/ Then again it was a few years back now so you never know! That would be quite a nice one to come up because it's always satisfying once you finish writing it out :smile:

But I can't think of any other gas related ones which I'm guessing is why not many have come up!

yeah true, someone else was saying about a thermal physics question which could be likely, maybe an isa style experiment, which would not be good haha
Reply 2553

Its weird coz on one hand thermal has only come up once but they always stick to nuclear so Im just going to revise everything i guess got a long night ahead....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mai.H
Its weird coz on one hand thermal has only come up once but they always stick to nuclear so Im just going to revise everything i guess got a long night ahead....

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha same, good luck

What are the two methods? Just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah true, someone else was saying about a thermal physics question which could be likely, maybe an isa style experiment, which would not be good haha

I sure hope not! Ahah, could not cope with an ISA style one... Ah well we'll find out tomorrow I guess!!
Seeing as we're likely to get the replacement paper, will trying to predict what will come up on this exam by disregarding what came up on last year's work?
Original post by xela238
What are the two methods? Just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile

electron diffraction and using alpha particles
Original post by roar96
I sure hope not! Ahah, could not cope with an ISA style one... Ah well we'll find out tomorrow I guess!!

lol dont really want to find out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending