Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm well chuffed at that exam- very smooth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotLuis)
    The astro 6 marker was the cherry on the cake!
    sit down troll, you're not funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by palaseum9)
    Did anyone get 24V~ for the 4 marker (Turning Points)??
    I think so!! My mind has a habit of forgetting everything I did the minute I walk out of an exam though so I may not be the most reliable source...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tawaz1997)
    I liked it.

ReputationRep:
    Really easy exam, wonder what the boundaries will be...

ReputationRep:
    I thought that went so much better than the Unit 4 exam!! Pretty happy about it overall (I did 5D)

ReputationRep:
    What was the star is astro?

Main sequence
    Giant
    White dwarf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_heel)

Main sequence
    Giant
    White dwarf
    I said dwarf because the radius is smaller than the sun and the temperature is higher than the sun

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Medical Physics? What did you get for v for the image produced by the lens?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how they do the grades? As in, the optional modules (A-D) may vary with difficulty paper wise. Do they work out the grades for everyone who does 5A for example so the grade boundaries for that paper could be lower than 5B for example. Or is it just all in 1?

ReputationRep:

Main sequence
    Giant
    White dwarf
    It was a dwarf star - it was 16000 Kelvin ( B Type Star ) and it was almost 100 times smaller radius than the sun

ReputationRep:

Main sequence
    Giant
    White dwarf
    Dwarf- about 10* lower radius than our sun but much hotter: the main sequence snakes to the right but this star would have been at the bottom left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tawaz1997)
    I thought it was quite easy too

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the 6 marker on nuclear and thermal. I thought that was good. I had literally 0 idea how to answer that 6 marker!

ReputationRep:
    The temperature was 5000k not 16000, the value you used was the peak intensity, not the peak wavelength, the peak wavelength was the value as far right as possible
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xela238)
    The temperature was 5000k not 16000, the value you used was the peak intensity, not the peak wavelength, the peak wavelength was the value as far right as possible
    I really hope your wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The peak wavelength is where the peak intensity occurs...

ReputationRep:
    M8, the peak wavelength of a star is the wavelength in which you get the peak intensity OF THAT WAVELENGTH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jf1994)
    Anyone doing Medical Physics? What did you get for v for the image produced by the lens?
    I did medical. I hate lens equations so I know my answers is most likely wrong, but I got 0.19m. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    V easy paper, hello high boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.