Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normanjones)
    yep, what did you get for that truck compressor qn?
    I put 80J for estimating the work done but they'll accept a range of answers as it was an estimate question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faaiz Shah)
    Yes!!! Thank god!!! I feel sorry for the other guy now.
    Dw haha, it's one mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    If that loses anybody a mark AQA are ****ing retarded. Electrostatic repulsion and electromagnetic repulsion are the same thing.
    Could you just say electrostatic force which causes them to be repelled??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chizz1889)
    Poor quality image on earth due to IR being absorbed greatly by atmosphere, even though the angle is larger than smallest possible 😝
    That's not wrong but I think they were looking for the other answer you may still get a mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgangsci)
    Was this an R paper?
    Yes.. Pistal service stole the paper

ReputationRep:
    Hm, maybe I made an error somewhere.

What were the values? I think I ballsed up somewhere.
    Work out the relativistic mass of the electron (i think the speed was 0.98c) then use E=mc^2 where m is the relativistic mass

ReputationRep:
    It's all the same force.
    Yeah I know but electromagnetic repulsion has to be between a magnetic field and a charge and electrostatic repulsion between two opposite charges, there is an ever so slight difference between the two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normanjones)
    6 marker
    Can't remember my exact wording (and I've never been good at engine cycle's so I can't assume it is correct) but something like:

More work done as pressure builds; due to adiabatic change going to a greater pressure.
    Gas heats up more due to rate of change of pressure increasing (same revolutions per minute).
    So power input required goes up as power does.

I can't really remember if those were all the main points I put; but most of them. And it was padded out with some other stuff that may be relevant.

ReputationRep:
    An A last year was 45/75 dyu guys think it will be similar this year

ReputationRep:
    For Q1 in Astro, what is the biggest distance between Vesta and Earth?

ReputationRep:
    astro boundaries?

Know I've lost 12 definite marks, feel **** cause everyones saying how easy it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faaiz Shah)
    Yes!!! Thank god!!! I feel sorry for the other guy now.
    what question is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    Could you just say electrostatic force which causes them to be repelled??
    Sure.

(Original post by k9000)
    Work out the relativistic mass of the electron (i think the speed was 0.98c) then use E=mc^2 where m is the relativistic mass
    Oh I was talking about a different question **** oops Yeah pretty sure I got the right answer there :lol:

ReputationRep:
    In Part A, what did people put for their experiment in the 6 marker?
    I put something to do with a thick balloon, keep pressure constant, measure change in radius/volume for every change in temp, plot a graph and extrapolate; the absolute zero was the x intercept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmanuel12344)
    That's not wrong but I think they were looking for the other answer you may still get a mark
    It was 2 marks so I'm fairly sure you got one mark for discussing the angle and then the other for saying about IR being absorbed, the clue was the bit which said 'on earth'. I'm fairly sure what I said was worth 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chizz1889)
    Yeah I know but electromagnetic repulsion has to be between a magnetic field and a charge and electrostatic repulsion between two opposite charges, there is an ever so slight difference between the two
    It doesn't matter, the electromagnetic force was in play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0beany0)
    astro boundaries?

Know I've lost 12 definite marks, feel **** cause everyones saying how easy it was
    I reckon for Astro it'll be

A*-65
    A-59

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_heel)
    I reckon for Astro it'll be

A*-65
    A-59
    doubt it. Has it ever been that high?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex3107_)
    I put 80J for estimating the work done but they'll accept a range of answers as it was an estimate question.
    was your paper PHYA5/2C or PHYA5/2CR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    Was that 2 marks??
    Just 1 for 'state and explain'

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.