Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreaming Dreamer)
    I don't think it could be that hard, they haven't said where they put the telescope, thus you'd assume they'd put it in a cool dry place because they want it to work right? But knowing AQA you are probably right, it would just be weird to assume that the people using the telescope put it in a place where it won't work well.
    Yeah I get what you mean but it's the fact it will only be able to observe close IR emitters on earth, not distant ones, I just wrote that as my answer as I've seen a similar question in a past paper before and if it was good resolution due to the angle, I thought that'd get you only 1 mark. But tbf I have also seen 2 marks awarded for either argument on another past paper

ReputationRep:
    can anyone remember the name of the star?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRAG)
    In Part A, what did people put for their experiment in the 6 marker?
    I put something to do with a thick balloon, keep pressure constant, measure change in radius/volume for every change in temp, plot a graph and extrapolate; the absolute zero was the x intercept
    Pretty similar except I used a fixed volume container and measured pressure with a pressure gague barometer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.a.k)
    Idk do u remeber the exact question
    No, actually :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    Is that for full UMS? I MIGHT be ok if it's 63.... I think I got around 60 but I'm looking for 113 ucas points
    Nah dude even my teacher thinks it'll be 65 for an A* which is 108ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy1834)
    June 2011 it was 57 for full ums and 51 for an a star. It will be lower than is currently being predicted
    Was that astro?? Saying that it'll probs go up this year due to ppl finding it easy 😔

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    As you obviously don't know, "electrostatics is a special case of electomagnetics". Quote straight from your own "proof".

As I've been saying, electrostatic repulsion and electromagnetic repulsion are the same thing in this context.
    Another quote says that electromagnetics only occurs in the presence of electricity, was there electricity? Erm no?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get 1.36x1017 for nuclear density?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks in total was the double side page with Crms and the assumptions of kinetic model out of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normanjones)
    same

for the washing machine did you say it curves with decreasing gradient for the graph because I decreases?
    I honestly can't remember that bit; do you mean the non-constant acceleration? I just talked about how an impulse with no time is impossible; therefore acceleration takes time to change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgangsci)
    Pretty similar except I used a fixed volume container and measured pressure with a pressure gague barometer
    I think the last point requires you to explain why 0 pressure would give you Absolute zero, which is because if theres no pressure , the particles are not moving, thus there must be no temperature, as KE is dependent on temperature.

ReputationRep:
    For the age of the universe what did everyone get?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRAG)
    can anyone remember the name of the star?
    I googled it and it is a dwarf star, however I also said main sequence and the temperature just seemed too high

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poops13)
    How many marks in total was the double side page with Crms and the assumptions of kinetic model out of?
    5 I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_heel)
    4.7e17 or something like that
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_heel)
    Rounded up to around 15 x 10 ^ 17 seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomRauba)
    1 mark
    Phew I'm getting marks back now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy1834)
    The highest the cap has ever been is about 59, it will not be as high as 67
    Is that for turning points? Are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    No, actually :lol:
    Great!!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.