Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Range of alpha and beta I put as 5cm and 30cm. Do you thin k there'll be a range?

I got 3.0m for the diameter of the telescope.
    I used 3cm and 30, i looked it up and 3 should be ok but i think Beta is like 15cm which is half as much so idk, but they'll definitely be a range

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Range of alpha and beta I put as 5cm and 30cm. Do you thin k there'll be a range?

I cannot remember what the stupid diameter question was, cos I had 3 originally, then I think I changed it to 15 because it said that its maximum resolution was whatever, and I for some reason assumed that was with the higher wavelength, but that's probably wrong lmao.

I haven't got a clue for alpha and beta; it changes all the time so likely yes

ReputationRep:
    For the absolute zero question where it asked you to 'justify your value of absolute zero found', i interpreted it as being 'repeat with greater volume and plot new pressure temp graph so same x intercept, albeit lower gradient, confirms my value instead of writing in detail( i wrote a tiny bit) about molecular movement at absolute zero.. What's right? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

I got 3 as well for diameter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lad123)
    I used 3cm and 30, i looked it up and 3 should be ok but i think Beta is like 15cm which is half as much so idk, but they'll definitely be a range
    Ah I just remember in past papers it's said beyond 30cm a source must be gamma as remaining types will not reach this far?

I've not looked up any answers bar what's on here. I thought the star was a main sequence as its power output was similar to the sun :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doomlar)
    I cannot remember what the stupid diameter question was, cos I had 3 originally, then I think I changed it to 15 because it said that its maximum resolution was whatever, and I for some reason assumed that was with the higher wavelength, but that's probably wrong lmao.

I haven't got a clue for alpha and beta; it changes all the time so likely yes
    I stupidly said main sequence and just used 2.57AU in the first question. I also said extrapolate in the six marker despite showing a graph with a temperature scale in kelvin so I've lost so many marks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lad123)
    I put the exact same such a dodgy question

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone mention 'self sustaining' in the describing a chain reaction question along with induced fission and neutrons released and critical mass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9000)
    Did anyone mention 'self sustaining' in the describing a chain reaction question along with induced fission and neutrons released and critical mass?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    We were told to write the R on the front of our paper! They hadn't come out in the printing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Alpha was 0.1m and beta is 1m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrno1324)
    Wasn't the abs magnitude 1.98(1) - M = 5log(25/10)
    Well **** that 1 I added changes it significantly, do you think they'll accept it?
    Doesn't that make the absolute magnitude = -1 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chizz1889)
    Yes they are all for the rewritten paper which you sat, they rewrite each optional paper as a safety precaution when they rewrite the section a paper
    Yes but there was no R, not in sectionA, not in sectionB

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

(Original post by CD223)
    I stupidly said main sequence and just used 2.57AU in the first question. I also said extrapolate in the six marker despite showing a graph with a temperature scale in kelvin so I've lost so many marks :/
    same i said main sequence by mistake, but you should be method marks saying that temp decreases from 0 to M! I only used 2.57 AU seems so obvious now! i think many people will have made silly mistakes despite it being so straight forward ie not as high grade boundaries as you may think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sol.smith)
    We were told to write the R on the front of our paper! They hadn't come out in the printing
    Was it a request from AQA? They didn't tell us to write something and there was no R.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who did applied, what did you get for moment of inertia before the 6 marker? I got 4.4x10^-2, but my mate got 5.something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAW-97)
    For anyone who did applied, what did you get for moment of inertia before the 6 marker? I got 4.4x10^-2, but my mate got 5.something?
    Fairly sure I got the same as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmanuel12344)
    Alpha was 0.1m and beta is 1m
    how do you know?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got grade boundary predictions for 120 ums and A* for Nuclear and the turning points paper? I would be feeling confident if it wasn't for the blip from 2011, those grade boundaries were scarily higher than any other paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah I just remember in past papers it's said beyond 30cm a source must be gamma as remaining types will not reach this far?

I've not looked up any answers bar what's on here. I thought the star was a main sequence as its power output was similar to the sun :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really well maybe they do accept 30cm i hope so, obviously different sources will have different values as it varies so hopefully 30cm is in AQA's range

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 30, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.