Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiebeth100)
    There's only three of you? Whoa! Our school made everyone do medical physics - we didn't even get a choice

But wow, great! Me too - I can never get my head around whether or not I need to use a negative sign!!!
    Really?? Basically our school made everyone doing turning points as that's the only topic the teachers knew how to teach but also they felt like it was the easiest to pick up as it used stuff from the other units. those who got above a certain ums at AS level got to choose the other options for self study and I chose medical cos I want to be a doctor

Medical physics is really hard if you're not interested in it! Yeah me either, but never need it again now!!!

ReputationRep:
    can anybody remember the questions with their corresponding marks? Im not asking for answers or anything, just trying to mentally guess how many marks I got. I did turning points, so if anyone remembers each question n marks for that too, that would be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    I would imagine so yeah lol
    wasnt it just asking for the general definition of specific heat capacity though?

ReputationRep:
    3m diameter for cassegrain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxrxam)
    wasnt it just asking for the general definition of specific heat capacity though?
    I think it stated the specific heat capacity of Lead and asked what that sentence meant. In which case I believe I'm right in saying you had to explain specifically that 130J of energy would raise the temperature of 1kg of Lead by 1K.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaySP)
    3m diameter for cassegrain?
    I got that. It was a recurring decimal (3.0303030303) to two significant figures

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    Shut up; I still have three exams
    My bad! I forget some people havn't only had the one exam 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I think it stated the specific heat capacity of Lead and asked what that sentence meant. In which case I believe I'm right in saying you had to explain specifically that 130J of energy would raise the temperature of 1kg of Lead by 1K.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah good, this is what i wrote.
    but i added that is it with no change of state, is this correct?

ReputationRep:
    can anybody remember the questions with their corresponding marks? Im not asking for answers or anything, just trying to mentally guess how many marks I got. I did turning points, so if anyone remembers each question n marks for that too, that would be great!
    I'm pretty sure that in Section A the question on the dispersion on alpha particles when using isotopes of gold was 1 mark. The first tick box question was one mark and the 'state the range of alpha and beta' was two marks. The question followed by that about alpha, beta and gamma rays with I believe a concrete wall or something was one mark.

I know thats not much but thats all I remember so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I got that. It was a recurring decimal (3.0303030303) to two significant figures

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice one.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That was an alright paper! Hope it went well for everyone.

No more exams for me! :woo:

Good luck if you have any more!!

ReputationRep:
    I somehow got 4 half lives instead of 2. Do you reckon I'd lose all the marks for that question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star Light)
    I'm paranoid I missed a question in Medical - is this all there was on it? Myopia question, db/dba question, ECG 6-marker and image intensifier?
    there was also a question on incoherent and coherent bundles

ReputationRep:
    Oh that one was just the thermal energy required to raise the temperature of a substance of 1kg by 1K

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahhh okay, I must have misread that! I got that definition but didnt sub in the stuff they gave us. oh well! thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    What Section 2 did you take today? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post57165857

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You sure that's right???

I think I got 15 😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreyPhysicist)
    Ah good, this is what i wrote.
    but i added that is it with no change of state, is this correct?
    Yeah I added that too, not sure how important it is. I guess it might be one of those awkward underlined sentenced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is there going to be an unofficial mark scheme possibly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    Oh that one was just the thermal energy required to raise the temperature of a substance of 1kg by 1K
    I think it also required use of the "130J" they mentioned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.