Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vincent Song)
    Are you sure? I missed them all out.... I thought the 6 marker was the last one of sectionA.
    kinetic model assumptions ( 2) , rms squared ( 1 ) , temperature (2).. these were after the six mark question, so you didn't miss much out. I know someone else who thought the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geek100)
    kinetic model assumptions ( 2) , rms squared ( 1 ) , temperature (2).. these were after the six mark question, so you didn't miss much out. I know someone else who thought the same.
    Thank you. I messed it up completely. I think I only got about 55/75. Not sure what grade I can get.... God bless me. I need an A* in A2.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsq)
    I got 70.. but probably a range accepted I would assume for counting squares..!
    Mine is 72.5....very close.

ReputationRep:
    I put in that isotopes of Gold have same number of protons, therefore changing isotopes will not alter the scattering as the charge will be the same.

ReputationRep:
    For the question about defining the SHC of lead, I said that 130J is needed to raise 1kg of lead by 1K, but do you need to mention that there has to be no change of state for the second mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbs31)
    For the question about defining the SHC of lead, I said that 130J is needed to raise 1kg of lead by 1K, but do you need to mention that there has to be no change of state for the second mark?
    Likely, it is an important part of the definition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbs31)
    *i think*, well I'm like 80% confident it was only 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    Yep, only 1 mark for that question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by you-only-live-once)
    yes same, original paper! how did u find it?
    (Original post by frankthebunny)
    how do you know what the original paper has?

expecting high grade boundary for this year....
    i forget all the ecg stuff
    i saw the R letter on the core paper, not on the medical paper, so i was slightly worried ....

I answer the rest of the paper nicely... but i am not entirely sure if i will be credited marks because as you know the mark scheme for medical physics paper is quite specific ..

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie! It was an easy paper! Loved the astrophysics 6 marker on that binary system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomRauba)
    after 6 mark there was 1 definition of SHC ( 1 ) , Total energy ( 3 ) , kinetic model assumptions ( 2) , rms squared ( 1 ) , temperature (2)
    What was the question about total energy?? Do u mean the lead heat thing??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreyPhysicist)
    ah, some think it was one ,some think it was 2..
    oh well haha.. its small marks

now the 6 markers..i seriously messed them up
    I thought they were good if i'm honest. Simple application of Charles law for an ideal gas and graph interpretation for Astro. But even if you think you have messed them up you'll still pick up marks for making points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faaiz Shah)
    What was the question about total energy?? Do u mean the lead heat thing??
    yes man, sorry if it was before the 6 marker, thought it was after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesbe1993)
    I thought they were good if i'm honest. Simple application of Charles law for an ideal gas and graph interpretation for Astro. But even if you think you have messed them up you'll still pick up marks for making points.
    You could've used the pressure law, too, right? I described an experiment where I measured the pressure at a fixed volume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bwr19)
    You could've used the pressure law, too, right? I described an experiment where I measured the pressure at a fixed volume.
    It's true you could have... the experiment is much more convoluted and difficult in application but equally valid as an explanation.

ReputationRep:
    is there an unofficial mark scheme for section A and section D for turning points??

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember section A questions/marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA043)
    is there an unofficial mark scheme for section A and section D for turning points??

thanks
    i don't think anyone has done an unofficial mark scheme sry bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    Does anyone remember section A questions/marks?
    Which ones do you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesbe1993)
    Which ones do you want to know?
    All of them lol

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.