The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel....
From what I learnt, if it goes from the right hand side to the left on the PV diagram, work is done on the gas because the gas is compressed. If the gas expands, work is done by the gas meaning it goes form the left to the right.

Didn't B-C go right to left tho and so shiuld be included? What do you think full ums and A* boundary will be?

Original post by Vincent Song

Me too...with that P-V diagram question, wasn't the straight bit on the top to the left of the curve I calculated as well, decreasing in volume? Meaning work had to be done on the gas? Just trying to understand my flaw...

From what I learnt, if it goes from the right hand side to the left on the PV diagram, work is done on the gas because the gas is compressed. If the gas expands, work is done by the gas meaning it goes form the left to the right.

What is the BC gas compression thing you're on about? It wasn't in thermal and nuc section, was it? I don't remember it lol. Hope I didn't miss out a whole page or s/t hahaha
Original post by ImNormal
Didn't B-C go right to left tho and so shiuld be included? What do you think full ums and A* boundary will be?

Me too...with that P-V diagram question, wasn't the straight bit on the top to the left of the curve I calculated as well, decreasing in volume? Meaning work had to be done on the gas? Just trying to understand my flaw...

What is the BC gas compression thing you're on about? It wasn't in thermal and nuc section, was it? I don't remember it lol. Hope I didn't miss out a whole page or s/t hahaha

Nope, applied haha
Cool! What's your offer?

a*a*aa in maths physics electronics and further maths respectively.
Original post by Jamesbe1993
I can confirm that he is correct on all those. Does anyone need a summary of the six marker?

Yeah.

For the mean square, I found the root mean square. It was only 1 mark so 0 I guess for that
For last question:
Mean square = 20000000 and something ?
Anybody remember KE of molecules?

did you just use 3/2kt with t being 370 I think?
a*a*aa in maths physics electronics and further maths respectively.

Cool...mine's A*A*A this year in FM, Physics and Chem plus A* from Maths last year...
Original post by ubisoft
did you just use 3/2kt with t being 370 I think?

Yup. So hopefully got that right. I also got 319 for an answer, but I don't remember what it was? May have been 319 K for something?
Anybody do Astrophysics (2A), I want to check some of my answers.
Cool...mine's A*A*A this year in FM, Physics and Chem plus A* from Maths last year...

See you at imperial mate?
Yup. So hopefully got that right. I also got 319 for an answer, but I don't remember what it was? May have been 319 K for something?

Oh yeah I used 320K I remember now
See you at imperial mate?

Hopefully! Gonna be close on grades but hoping so yeah!

Yeah 319K was the right answer.
Hopefully! Gonna be close on grades but hoping so yeah!

How confident are for A* in further maths? I think i'll be close, maybe 5 ums away :frown:
Original post by ubisoft
How confident are for A* in further maths? I think i'll be close, maybe 5 ums away :frown:

Pretty, still got S2 and FP3 on monday, but sat M3, M2 and FP2 so far and they went good I think... Yeah? Hopefully you'll fall on the right side of the boundary! :-)
Anybody do Astrophysics (2A), I want to check some of my answers.

Yeah which ones do you want to check mate?
Original post by ASDuh97
Yeah which ones do you want to check mate?

I don't know lol, I don't remember most of them was just kind of hoping for an unofficial MS. Although I have checked a few with another user on here.
how many UMS would 57/75 be?
Original post by Jed-Singh

Hard to tell, it will probably be around the UMS mark for an A* (around 108 UMS). However it could be more!
Reply 3698
Original post by Jed-Singh

Last year it would've been 118/120. Probably somewhere around 105-115
I don't know lol, I don't remember most of them was just kind of hoping for an unofficial MS. Although I have checked a few with another user on here.

The only one i think I kind of messed up is the first distance question. I used pythagoras with a triangle of base 1 AU and height 2.7 AU or whatever it was and calculated the hypotenuse and converted it into meters. But i think since it asked for maximum distance you could've just added 1 AU to 2.7 AU.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending