Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is there ecf in calculations? I calculated 1(a) wrong and used it to find the angle subtended in the next part obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesbe1993)
    1 at most. Use of the value of an AU in meters.
    I think that too but how come the other two marks are for adding 1 and 2.57? That seems a little generous to me. Maybe they will also give a mark for using 2.57 instead of the other distance. Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Is there ecf in calculations? I calculated 1(a) wrong and used it to find the angle subtended in the next part obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't it a "show that" question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reverse Swing)
    I think that too but how come the other two marks are for adding 1 and 2.57? That seems a little generous to me. Maybe they will also give a mark for using 2.57 instead of the other distance. Who knows.
    The first mark will be for realisation of the fact that they will have to be on different sides of the sun. Although that is shown as 1+2.57 its the principle it represents. 2nd mark is for use of the meter value of AU. 3rd mark is for the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesbe1993)
    The first mark will be for realisation of the fact that they will have to be on different sides of the sun. Although that is shown as 1+2.57 its the principle it represents. 2nd mark is for use of the meter value of AU. 3rd mark is for the correct answer.
    It was 2 marks, not 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNormal)
    It was 2 marks, not 3
    Sorry for that, didn't realize... brain fart.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone talking about astro?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    I hope exams went smoothly. Here are the written test and the mark schemes for the A2 P and Q ISA's. Unfortunately neither the question papers nor the mark scheme of EMPA have been released but I will upload those as well once I get them.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-PHY6T-P15-Test-Jun15 v2.pdf (325.2 KB, 400 views)
  2. File Type: pdf PHY6TP 2015 FINAL MARKING GUIDELINES v3.pdf (264.4 KB, 111 views)
  3. File Type: pdf AQA-PHY6T-Q15-Test-Jun15 v2.pdf (144.6 KB, 456 views)
  4. File Type: pdf PHY6TQ 2015 FINAL MARKING GUIDELINES v4.pdf (278.5 KB, 146 views)

ReputationRep:
    It was 2 marks, not 3
    Hmm..that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    For astrophysics 1(iv) there was maximum resolving angle I think because you had the values 1 and 5 something. Weren't you meant to compare the value to that or am I wrong. Because the value they gave was bigger then the maximum and so outside the range

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also how many marks was the question asking about the density of the nucleus? 2 or 3?

I forgot to divide my answer by 3.

ReputationRep:
    Also how many marks was the question asking about the density of the nucleus? 2 or 3?

I believe it was 3 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

wait, why did you need to divide it by 3?
    (I don't remember the question)

ReputationRep:
    wait, why did you need to divide it by 3?
    I meant I got the formula wrong. I did 4pir^3 when it is actually (4/3)pir^3.

ReputationRep:
    I meant I got the formula wrong. I did 4pir^3 when it is actually (4/3)pir^3.
    Oh, lol. I hope I got that right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I believe it was 3 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks...I guess that's another 2 easy marks lost.

The test may not have been too challenging but we can expect the grade boundaries to be low. I'm sure there were a lot of things which caught people out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    Hi Guys,
    I hope exams went smoothly. Here are the written test and the mark schemes for the A2 P and Q ISA's. Unfortunately neither the question papers nor the mark scheme of EMPA have been released but I will upload those as well once I get them.
    Where did you get this bro? Do you have the unit 5 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks...I guess that's another 2 easy marks lost.

The test may not have been too challenging but we can expect the grade boundaries to be low. I'm sure there were a lot of things which caught people out.
    I hope so, this was my worst exam since gcse. Accidentally missed the last 2 pages when I thought I finished. It's gonna suck knowing I missed my uni place because I didn't check the last page properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    I hope so, this was my worst exam since gcse. Accidentally missed the last 2 pages when I thought I finished. It's gonna suck knowing I missed my uni place because I didn't check the last page properly
    Dude, the last page of the part A? (thermal and nuc physics)
    If so, I also missed it, so it might've been somet with the paper lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    Where did you get this bro? Do you have the unit 5 paper?
    No, sorry, but I will hopefully have the unit 5 paper by Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.