The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRAG
Do you know what you got though (if you did them)

Yeah I know my score but not the grade
How have you guys been doing since the exam?
I have literally been doing nothing as my body has been detoxifying from the exam techniques, questions, six-markers, multiple choice and bullet points. What do you guys consider doing during the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
I have literally been doing nothing as my body has been detoxifying from the exam techniques, questions, six-markers, multiple choice and bullet points. What do you guys consider doing during the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clubbing, Clubbing, Clubbing and DEFINATELY Clubbing

Did I mention Clubbing?
Reply 3843

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got my last (3 hour!) exam today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmiratesCaptain
Clubbing, Clubbing, Clubbing and DEFINATELY Clubbing

Did I mention Clubbing?

Lol, easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Got my last (3 hour!) exam today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck man. Hope you will be happy with it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3846

Posted from TSR Mobile

Suffering from past paper withdrawal. Was considering doing a C3 paper for recreation.
Reply 3847
Original post by JaySP
Suffering from past paper withdrawal. Was considering doing a C3 paper for recreation.

Don't do it! Enjoy your summer :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JaySP

I'm impressed man :smile:. Are you thinking of doing maths at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3849
I'm impressed man :smile:. Are you thinking of doing maths at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha jk. No architecture
Just out of curiosity, when can we get a unofficial mark scheme in here ? Thank you.
Reply 3851
Original post by Vincent Song
Just out of curiosity, when can we get a unofficial mark scheme in here ? Thank you.

Working on it now - had my last exam today so I'm just de-stressing after that! Will hopefully be totally up by tomorrow afternoon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Working on it now - had my last exam today so I'm just de-stressing after that! Will hopefully be totally up by tomorrow afternoon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot!
Original post by JaySP
Hahaha jk. No architecture

That's great. You could still do papers of different exam boards if you are considering doing one. Though I tend to read contents I didn't understand before

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made these unofficial mark schemes the other day. If anyone thinks any of the answers are wrong or something needs adding let me know!
Original post by sam_97
I made these unofficial mark schemes the other day. If anyone thinks any of the answers are wrong or something needs adding let me know!

I've only had a brief look at it but brilliant job, very well put together.
Reply 3856
Original post by sam_97

Great job. One suggestion, I feel there may be a mark in the astro six marker for specifying that the first peak is a result of the dimmer star obscuring the brighter star, and the second peak due to the brighter star obscuring the dimmer star as the drop in the first peak is larger than the drop in the second.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HenryHein
I've only had a brief look at it but brilliant job, very well put together.

Thanks a lot! :smile:
Original post by JaySP
Great job. One suggestion, I feel there may be a mark in the astro six marker for specifying that the first peak is a result of the dimmer star obscuring the brighter star, and the second peak due to the brighter star obscuring the dimmer star as the drop in the first peak is larger than the drop in the second.

Thanks! And yeah that's definitely worthy of credit :smile: The points for the 6 markers in the mark schemes are only brief, it's possible to go into more detail.
Reply 3859
image.jpg

For Q5c did it not ask for root mean square speed? In which case you would raise to the power of 1/2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending