Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    Just counted my marks lol, how much do you think 45/75 is on this paper? definitely a B?
    it's very hard to judge but if the grade boundaries wont shift by more than 2 marks, and that you're sure enough with your marks then yeah that would minimum be a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    Sorry for a late upload guys. Here are the papers. Hope you're having a good time
    Thanks for posting. When I'm home I'll add them to each thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Thanks for posting. When I'm home I'll add them to each thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries! Yeah, that would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are there any mark schemes for unit 4 and unit 5 section A and medical physics. Have a feeling I got 55/75 in unit 4 and 63/75 in unit 5, and I know I got 49/50 in practical. Will that be enough for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonnyjimisgod)
    Are there any mark schemes for unit 4 and unit 5 section A and medical physics. Have a feeling I got 55/75 in unit 4 and 63/75 in unit 5, and I know I got 49/50 in practical. Will that be enough for an A*?
    Let us hope that we can get the mark schemes before the results day so that we could ask for the review of the script of the papers if we think the awarded grade is not fair. I know that the examiners cannot read my answers to the six markers lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Revised mark schemes (some of the mark allocations/question numbers were incorrect)
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf PHYA5 Section A Unofficial MS.pdf (515.2 KB, 655 views)
  2. File Type: pdf PHYA5 Section B (Astro) Unofficial MS.pdf (705.6 KB, 297 views)

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme for 2D turning points?

I think I got 28/40 for the first part which isn't too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme for 2D turning points?

I think I got 28/40 for the first part which isn't too bad
    I was thinking of making one. If you still want i will make one at night as i need to sleep now because i haven't slept yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of making one. If you still want i will make one at night as i need to sleep now because i haven't slept yet
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would appreciate one, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Would appreciate one, thanks
    No worries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for a late upload guys. Here are the papers. Hope you're having a good time
    Any signs of original unit 5 papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonli2575)
    Sorry, what do you mean by original papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what do you mean by original papers?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    The unit 5 papers are replacement papers due to the originals being in a stolen van.

ReputationRep:
    The unit 5 papers are replacement papers due to the originals being in a stolen van.
    Apparently only unit 5A and astro were reserved papers but i still don't think that they were stolen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you want them for practise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently only unit 5A and astro were reserved papers but i still don't think that they were stolen
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I thought all of them were replacements.
    The story is that a parcel van was raided or something and the papers went missing, so some papers were replaced, including some unit 5 papers.
    I just wanted to know if there are original papers to be found and what questions I would have had to answer.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I thought all of them were replacements.
    The story is that a parcel van was raided or something and the papers went missing, so some papers were replaced, including some unit 5 papers.
    I just wanted to know if there are original papers to be found and what questions I would have had to answer.
    To be honest the whole story seems spooky.
    The examiners may release them sometime next year, If they were stolen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can find the unit 5 paper we WERE SUPPOSED to sit? Would be interesting to see if we would have done any better or worse!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    Anyone know where I can find the unit 5 paper we WERE SUPPOSED to sit? Would be interesting to see if we would have done any better or worse!!
    I'm not sure if AQA are going to release that or not. They might keep it as an extra paper some centres can purchase as extra practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I'm not sure if AQA are going to release that or not. They might keep it as an extra paper some centres can purchase as extra practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok... Have grade boundaries been released yet??

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.