The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Hi guys, as we approach 8 weeks before this exam, I thought I would upload my revision notes to the thread!

Anyone else also willing to contribute, please quote me or send me a PM and I'll credit your resource in the first post

Without further ado...

My personal revision guide for PHYA5!

CD223's guide to PHYA5
Reply 441
Original post by CD223
Hi guys, as we approach 8 weeks before this exam, I thought I would upload my revision notes to the thread!

Anyone else also willing to contribute, please quote me or send me a PM and I'll credit your resource in the first post

Without further ado...

Spoiler

that's fantastic thanks!
Reply 442
Original post by einot
that's fantastic thanks!

That's okay! Hope it's helpful!

(I've also included the same on the PHYA4 thread :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 443
Original post by CD223
That's okay! Hope it's helpful!

(I've also included the same on the PHYA4 thread :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fantastic! I will definitely be using those as well!
Reply 444
Original post by einot
Fantastic! I will definitely be using those as well!

No worries! I'm glad they're getting some use - makes it seem worthwhile making them! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 445
Still yet to start turning points after just getting the prac done, sigh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 446
OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND ALL THESE PPQ'S WITH MARK SCHEMES MOM GET THE CAMERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(apologies if anyone has already stumbled across these and posted, but it's the only way I revise so I thought it'd be useful. You can even try other spec's papers.)
Reply 447
Original post by Amanzz
Still yet to start turning points after just getting the prac done, sigh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no! Although I haven't finished astro. Still got about half of that to go so I wouldn't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 448
Original post by Amanzz
OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND ALL THESE PPQ'S WITH MARK SCHEMES MOM GET THE CAMERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(apologies if anyone has already stumbled across these and posted, but it's the only way I revise so I thought it'd be useful. You can even try other spec's papers.)

Haha, they are good! Do you mean the physicsandmathstutor ones?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 449
Original post by CD223
Haha, they are good! Do you mean the physicsandmathstutor ones?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. In all the excitement I forgot to post thing link didn't I?:rolleyes:

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-physics-papers/aqa-unit-5-by-topic/ Indeed, it's going to make revision a LOT easier!
Reply 450
Original post by Amanzz
Wow. In all the excitement I forgot to post thing link didn't I?:rolleyes:

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-physics-papers/aqa-unit-5-by-topic/ Indeed, it's going to make revision a LOT easier!

Ah I've added that to the first post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 451
Sorry it's a unit 4 question, but do we need to know about the direction of current in EM induction. If so, is it just the screwdriver rule?
Reply 452
Original post by Amanzz
Sorry it's a unit 4 question, but do we need to know about the direction of current in EM induction. If so, is it just the screwdriver rule?

In EM induction, use fleming's right hand rule.

Using your right hand, with your thumb, first and second fingers in the "left hand rule" position (I.e: all perpendicular to one another), and with the same convention (thumb = motion, first finger = field, second finger = current), you can work out the direction of a third variable, given the direction of the other two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 453
Urgent plea for help, any tips for understanding (and doing) calculations involving lenses please!!!
Reply 454
Original post by TheRAG
Urgent plea for help, any tips for understanding (and doing) calculations involving lenses please!!!

When I finish astro, I'll publish another Astro revision guide.

In the meantime, is there any specific question you have involving them? It's just it's such a broad topic :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 455
Original post by CD223
*** OFFICIAL AQA PHYA5 NUCLEAR & THERMAL PHYSICS JUNE 2015 EXAM DISCUSSION THREAD ***Date: 18th June 2015Time: 09:00amDuration: 1h 45mAny resources or revision tips people are willing to share?___________________________PHYA4 EXAM DISCUSSION THREAD:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3047347______________________________RESOURCES:My personal revision guide for PHYA5!

Spoiler

Recommended revision guide for the A2 exams (as flagged up by Disney0702):

Spoiler

Useful revision website for topic by topic questions on PHYA5 (as flagged up by Kennethm):

Spoiler

Lau14's INCREDIBLY helpful guide to the A2 EMPA:

Spoiler

OTHER RESOURCES:Disney0702's INCREDIBLY helpful recommended online revision guide:

Spoiler

Lau14's INCREDIBLY helpful scanned handwritten notes:

Spoiler

I don't know if this helps anyone but it's a power point presentation about all of the gas laws if anyone wants to use it.
Reply 456
Original post by CD223
When I finish astro, I'll publish another Astro revision guide.

In the meantime, is there any specific question you have involving them? It's just it's such a broad topic :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

June 2014 Q1b(ii) please (if anyone has done it)
Reply 457
Original post by CD223
*** OFFICIAL AQA PHYA5 NUCLEAR & THERMAL PHYSICS JUNE 2015 EXAM DISCUSSION THREAD ***

Date: 18th June 2015
Time: 09:00am
Duration: 1h 45m

Any resources or revision tips people are willing to share?

PHYA4 EXAM DISCUSSION THREAD:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3047347

RESOURCES:

Spoiler

Recommended revision guide for the A2 exams (as flagged up by Disney0702):

Spoiler

Useful revision website for topic by topic questions on PHYA5 (as flagged up by Kennethm):

Spoiler

Lau14's INCREDIBLY helpful guide to the A2 EMPA:

Spoiler

OTHER RESOURCES:
Disney0702's INCREDIBLY helpful recommended online revision guide:

Spoiler

Lau14's
INCREDIBLY helpful scanned handwritten notes:

Spoiler

Could you add this to the resources guide please? (old past papers and mark schemes) for extra practice.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/physics-a-2450/past-papers-and-mark-schemes/old-past-papers-and-mark-schemes
Reply 458
Original post by _Caz_
I don't know if this helps anyone but it's a power point presentation about all of the gas laws if anyone wants to use it.

I'll add that to the first post! :smile: thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 459
Original post by TheRAG
June 2014 Q1b(ii) please (if anyone has done it)

Ah, I haven't done that paper :/ got it as a mock soon! Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending