Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Still pretty much ignoring physics, I've got 3 PHYA5 and 2 PHYA4 papers left and I'd like to go through and try most of the six markers again at some point. You?
    That's understandable. I have the 2013 papers to go for both units.

I'll redo the 2014 papers too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That's understandable. I have the 2013 papers to go for both units.

I'll redo the 2014 papers too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Might redo jan 13 for unit four because that mock was back before Christmas but otherwise not redoing papers!
    For some reason my notifications aren't showing up if people quote me or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Might redo jan 13 for unit four because that mock was back before Christmas but otherwise not redoing papers!
    For some reason my notifications aren't showing up if people quote me or whatever
    Ah that makes sense! Our only class mocks for each unit have been 2014 papers.

Oh no - maybe contact the TSR contact address?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah that makes sense! Our only class mocks for each unit have been 2014 papers.

Oh no - maybe contact the TSR contact address?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We had the 2014 one during mock week but that was only in February so they wanted us to do one before then.

Probably will if it's not cleared up by tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    We had the 2014 one during mock week but that was only in February so they wanted us to do one before then.

Probably will if it's not cleared up by tomorrow!
    That's good! I feel so unprepared for physics in comparison to other subjects where there are tons more past paper questions available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That's good! I feel so unprepared for physics in comparison to other subjects where there are tons more past paper questions available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah maths revision is so much easier, just keep doing past papers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Yeah maths revision is so much easier, just keep doing past papers!
    Agreed. Not sure how I'm ever going to feel prepared for physics - there's just too few PPs for PHYA5 - it's gonna be my most nerve wracking exam i can tell -,-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Agreed. Not sure how I'm ever going to feel prepared for physics - there's just too few PPs for PHYA5 - it's gonna be my most nerve wracking exam i can tell -,-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi ... Can anyone explain one of those thermal Questions where you have to form an equation by looking at what gives out energy and what gains energy. How do you determine what gains energy and what doesn't? e,g look at attachment
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sykik)
    Hi ... Can anyone explain one of those thermal Questions where you have to form an equation by looking at what gives out energy and what gains energy. How do you determine what gains energy and what doesn't? e,g look at attachment
    The one whose temperature rises gains energy(that's why it's temperature rised), and the one whose temperature decreases loses energy. But obviously in the attachment it isn't mentioned that lead loses energy but you could figure that out by:
    1: knowing that molten lead was solidified so therefore lost energy
    2: the temperature of iron increased so it gained energy. Therefore lead must have given(lost) energy to iron.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone reckon rutherford's alpha scattering experiment is a solid 6 marker prediction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Does anyone reckon rutherford's alpha scattering experiment is a solid 6 marker prediction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think, maybe. But i would say they will ask us something that would make our day, lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    I think, maybe. But i would say they will ask us something that would make our day, lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahha how do you mean? Hard or easy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I'll be alright for PHYA5, more worried about PHYA4 because if they ask something about magnetic fields I'm not going to do well :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Hahha how do you mean? Hard or easy?
    Lol, I was being sarcastic. I have a feeling that they will ask us something fresh, new and original. Something for a new generation, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    I think I'll be alright for PHYA5, more worried about PHYA4 because if they ask something about magnetic fields I'm not going to do well :/
    I prefer PHYA4 to PHYA5! Astro makes PHYA5 bearable imo

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I was being sarcastic. I have a feeling that they will ask us something fresh, new and original. Something for a new generation, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha - hopefully not something too off-spec!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Aha - hopefully not something too off-spec!
    They have the tendency to do that. Literally half of the questions in turning points june 14 paper were out of the spec. But let's hope they won't be too off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They have the tendency to do that. Literally half of the questions in turning points june 14 paper were out of the spec. But let's hope they won't be too off

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ouch. I didn't like the nuclear waste six marker from last year :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was the six marker really from nuclear waste? In fact that's actually a waste lol.
    Glad that it won't be the six marker this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that wasn't too bad because you could pick up 3-4 of the marks at from common sense and GCSE knowledge!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.