Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    So annoyed with AQA this year. First the typo and then this. Also, Core 4 wasn't nice. Meh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    So annoyed with AQA this year. First the typo and then this. Also, Core 4 wasn't nice. Meh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you find P4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsestuff)
    They don't go anywhere near teachers. They get sent recorded delivery and the exam officer has to sign for them. They are then locked in a cupboard and are gotten out when the exam is. They are only opened on the day of the exam.

I'm pretty sure if the exam officer is found to have taken the paper out before hand they are liable to prosecution

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, i think an electric shot would be enough, haha

So what if the van turns over on the way to college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, i think the examiners are having lunch when making these exam questions. Oh man, my core 3 was your core 4 i guess, i totally messed up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434137528.428411.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  22.7 KB

I'm using e=mc^2 but I just can't get the right answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Astro people, how in depth do we need to know life cycle of stars? Do we need to know values of solar masses for which stars turn into red Giants etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsestuff)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434137528.428411.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  22.7 KB

I'm using e=mc^2 but I just can't get the right answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You may not be converting the hour into seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeddyKC)
    Astro people, how in depth do we need to know life cycle of stars? Do we need to know values of solar masses for which stars turn into red Giants etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, the more you know the better, I can imagine a 6 mark coming up on it and obviously if you can recite those then you're better off. And seeing as all the 6 markers have been completely different in the past papers, I think we have to learn everything on the spec just in case...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    You may not be converting the hour into seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks I was converting to minutes not seconds 😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are people redoing past papers?

Also, what are people's predictions for the 6 marker for nuclear and Astro?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Are people redoing past papers?

Also, what are people's predictions for the 6 marker for nuclear and Astro?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "I predict a riot"

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure even teachers don't have access to them. If you are an examiner then you are right

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not an examiner no but that is how it works. In our school they go in a safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    Link?
    Hey are you doing the applied physics option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boop.)
    Hey are you doing the applied physics option?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    True, i think the examiners are having lunch when making these exam questions. Oh man, my core 3 was your core 4 i guess, i totally messed up.
    Did you also have OCR MEI C3 today?
    If so how did it go? I personally found it hard and struggled through most questions. Got 3 answers wrong but hope I get all the method marks.

Have you seen the unofficial mark schemes and the question paper uploaded in the C3 thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASDuh97)
    Well, the more you know the better, I can imagine a 6 mark coming up on it and obviously if you can recite those then you're better off. And seeing as all the 6 markers have been completely different in the past papers, I think we have to learn everything on the spec just in case...
    So what values are there to remember? The printed pdf a step guide and the cgp book state different values and units for the masses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    Yeah
    Do u know if the old spec questions for Applied physics are relevant to the current spec?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueNNch)
    Did you also have OCR MEI C3 today?
    If so how did it go? I personally found it hard and struggled through most questions. Got 3 answers wrong but hope I get all the method marks.

Have you seen the unofficial mark schemes and the question paper uploaded in the C3 thread?
    Hey,

Yes but my maths is from Edexcel. It was pretty difficult. Having said that i didn't do any C3 revision but i did one past paper which i didn't finish lol. Yeah I've seen the paper and the sample answers. I made quite a lot of mistakes in calculations.
    But overall was pretty horrible haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously what are the examiners even doing this year there seems to be stuff going badly left right and centre

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.