Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MM2B Mechanics 2 - Monday 22nd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Hopefully and you?
    Again, hope to! Computer Science at Bath hopefully. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Again, hope to! Computer Science at Bath hopefully. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats pretty cool. Im a Mechanical engineering hopeful at eitheir the University of Birmingham or University of Warwick. Havent decided yet

ReputationRep:
    Thats pretty cool. Im a Mechanical engineering hopeful at eitheir the University of Birmingham or University of Warwick. Havent decided yet
    Oh nice! I'm confused as to how you haven't decided? Hasn't the deadline passed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh nice! I'm confused as to how you haven't decided? Hasn't the deadline passed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ive made birmingham my first choice and warwick my insurance choice but im not sure which i prefer but most likely i will be at birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    Ive made birmingham my first choice and warwick my insurance choice but im not sure which i prefer but most likely i will be at birmingham.
    That makes sense! Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That makes sense! Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same to you mate. All the best.

ReputationRep:
    Same to you mate. All the best.
    Did you do C3? How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Did you do C3? How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did pretty well apart from the modulus question and the graph part. Most of it was straight forward but i ran out of time before i could simplify question 7 to the form they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    I did pretty well apart from the modulus question and the graph part. Most of it was straight forward but i ran out of time before i could simplify question 7 to the form they wanted.
    I see! Still 90+ UMS I think.

M2 is really low on the list of priorities rn haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I see! Still 90+ UMS I think.

M2 is really low on the list of priorities rn haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very true haha. I'll start revising for it when my penultimate exam is over. 4 days of pure M2 revision. I know all the module its just brushing up on the silly errors i keep making especially on the energy transfer questions.

ReputationRep:
    Very true haha. I'll start revising for it when my penultimate exam is over. 4 days of pure M2 revision. I know all the module its just brushing up on the silly errors i keep making especially on the energy transfer questions.
    Sensible! How will you prepare for C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Sensible! How will you prepare for C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Past papers i guess and if i dont understand something i guess the internet is my place to go. My teacher is dreadful. All we have done for the past 3 months is past papers in class

ReputationRep:
    Past papers i guess and if i dont understand something i guess the internet is my place to go. My teacher is dreadful. All we have done for the past 3 months is past papers in class
    Me too! Although I found that useful because we got regular feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Me too! Although I found that useful because we got regular feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We didnt lol. Our teacher just sits on his laptop and pops up every 15 minutes to put up a new question on the projector.

ReputationRep:
    We didnt lol. Our teacher just sits on his laptop and pops up every 15 minutes to put up a new question on the projector.
    Okay that's not useful!!
    Core 4 revision starts again today - had a day off yesterday haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Okay that's not useful!!
    Core 4 revision starts again today - had a day off yesterday haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too. Ive got 4 exams this coming week. Im gonna revise mostly core 4 and physics. M1 and business studies exam are easy so im not gonna bother for them.

ReputationRep:
    Me too. Ive got 4 exams this coming week. Im gonna revise mostly core 4 and physics. M1 and business studies exam are easy so im not gonna bother for them.
    Makes sense! I'm prioritising core 4 and history as that's Monday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Makes sense! I'm prioritising core 4 and history as that's Monday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    When proving that a given quantity involving trig and equal i and j components, (displacement, velocity, acceleration, force etc) is constant, should we just prove that we're squaring each component of the quantity, it produces the identity sin^2x + cos^2x = 1, meaning a common factor can be taken out and therefore when square rooted the answer is constant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    When proving that a given quantity involving trig and equal i and j components, (displacement, velocity, acceleration, force etc) is constant, should we just prove that we're squaring each component of the quantity, it produces the identity sin^2x + cos^2x = 1, meaning a common factor can be taken out and therefore when square rooted the answer is constant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, you usually just find the modulus of the vector but be careful to show all the steps in your working I think?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.