Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MM2B Mechanics 2 - Monday 22nd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Yeah, you usually just find the modulus of the vector but be careful to show all the steps in your working I think?
    Thanks! I just wasn't sure how explicit to be in my workings - whether I should calculate it and factorise, or simply state "because sin^2x + cos^2x = 1..." and just calculate the magnitude using the coefficients squared

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm just realising that although M2 is challenging (it's A level Matjhs after all), it's not too difficult once you read the question properly. It actually makes it much more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiwa)
    I'm just realising that although M2 is challenging (it's A level Matjhs after all), it's not too difficult once you read the question properly. It actually makes it much more enjoyable.
    I get what you mean. The questions are all doable but it's hard to spot if at first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackNorman)
    Doing OCR A physics, unit 4. It's quite easy I should be able to do it, it's like M2 but simpler and with a couple mor physicsy topics thrown in. Managed to get 80%UMS in it last year and I ran out of time with 12 marks worth of answers left 😩
    What did you get in UNIT 5 last year mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andywells)
    What did you get in UNIT 5 last year mate?
    94%

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone feeling for M2? I'm so demotivated after C4. C3 was beaut.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought core 4 was a lot better than core 3 😂

ReputationRep:
    I thought core 4 was a lot better than core 3 😂
    Lol! I think I got 73-74 on Core 3 and 64-65 on Core 4 😭😥

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Lol! I think I got 73-74 on Core 3 and 64-65 on Core 4 😭😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm thinking 57-60 for core 3 and about 64-67 for core 4. I'm hoping the c3 grade boundaries are like last years core 4 ones and then I might be able to get an A* 😂 not much chance after c3 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    C4 went better for me than C3. I'm just going to make the final push for M2.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking 57-60 for core 3 and about 64-67 for core 4. I'm hoping the c3 grade boundaries are like last years core 4 ones and then I might be able to get an A* 😂 not much chance after c3 though
    We can all hope. I'll be back on the day before results day when boundaries are released on the thread to see people's opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    94%
    Have you got any advice/tips? I'm rubbish with wordy questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiwa)
    C4 went better for me than C3. I'm just going to make the final push for M2.
    How do you plan on revising it?

Do you have many other exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    We can all hope. I'll be back on the day before results day when boundaries are released on the thread to see people's opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think Core 4 boundaries will be high this year! Jan 2011 it was 68/75. Won't be that high but preparing for the worst, I'd say 63-65 is an A*

ReputationRep:
    I think Core 4 boundaries will be high this year! Jan 2011 it was 68/75. Won't be that high but preparing for the worst, I'd say 63-65 is an A*
    Yeah. Bracing myself as I think I got around 64-65 so it'll be close.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you got any advice/tips? I'm rubbish with wordy questions!
    I went through the book and tried to make a model answer for every wordy question that could come up pretty much. I'm usually awful at anything to do with writing but I really enjoyed the unit so I didn't mind learning it. And I'm not saying don't do past papers, but it think I did 2 for that exam and it was my best mark, I just read the book a lot and took a lot of notes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah. Bracing myself as I think I got around 64-65 so it'll be close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Youll definitely have an A* if you managed that ridiculous score in core 3 haha. And I'm not sure what to think of the core 4 grade boundaries, I'm thinking maybe 63 or so for A*, I really doubt it'll be more than that! as it was a fairly straightforward paper but a lot of mistakes will have been made.

ReputationRep:
    Youll definitely have an A* if you managed that ridiculous score in core 3 haha. And I'm not sure what to think of the core 4 grade boundaries, I'm thinking maybe 63 or so for A*, I really doubt it'll be more than that! as it was a fairly straightforward paper but a lot of mistakes will have been made.
    Yeah I've no complaints of the core 4 paper itself. It was me who made the stupid errors lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    How do you plan on revising it?

Do you have many other exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just doing past papers and using the revision guide. I still have 5 exams to go so yet, quite a lot. By the end of this week I will only have three exams left so I can focus a lot more on M2 with C3 and C4 out the way. Do you have many exams?

ReputationRep:
    at least 72 on this, at least 73 on C3, life's good

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.