Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MM2B Mechanics 2 - Monday 22nd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I screwed up the bungee question max value of x -,-

And left question 9. Maybe 10-12 marks lost? 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Similar position here think I've lost around 11-12 marks hopefully good enough for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsweet76)
    I agree with all of the answers apart from 9, which I got 1/(2+root3), so u = 0.268
    I also got this

ReputationRep:
    Anyone praying 90 is 67? Screwed up maximum value of x for some reason. Got 67.1m?! Question 9 I just laughed at my workings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Posting an unofficial mark scheme now in the first post. Q9 was b**** am I right?
    Hey how many marks would I loss if I didn't divide the expression by 7 for the jumper I kept dividing by 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Anyone praying 90 is 67? Screwed up maximum value of x for some reason. Got 67.1m?! Question 9 I just laughed at my workings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can only hope so (or that its worth more)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olatee)
    Hey how many marks would I loss if I didn't divide the expression by 7 for the jumper I kept dividing by 5
    I think (if I remember correctly) that dividing through was only relevant at the end of the question, so you should only lose accuracy marks and 1 or 2 others.

Although I can't remember how much this question was worth in marks...

ReputationRep:
    In q2 the centre of mass given was 4.95? Or 4.77? Can't remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I screwed up the bungee question max value of x -,-

And left question 9. Maybe 10-12 marks lost? 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was definitely a tough paper! I was stumped at end of Q8 but maybe only dropped a couple of marks and Q9 I wrote so many workings that it's gotta count for something! I reckon you get at least 3 marks for resving forces vertically and horizontally and doing moments about P lol... Grade boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    i got AC to be 4.85
    mew equal to 0.358 anybody? (ive always noticed mew usually seems to be close to a third so o.358 seems possible)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samlyon)
    I also got this
    Yep me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkendrick)
    I got 5.5

ReputationRep:
    67/75 was 90ums in the June 13 paper and imo I thought today's was similar if not harder in difficulty - so I'm hoping an a* could be as low as 65 lol. Oh well, we'll find out grade boundaries the day before results...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swaggersaurusrex)
    i got AC to be 4.85
    mew equal to 0.358 anybody? (ive always noticed mew usually seems to be close to a third so o.358 seems possible)
    I got AC to be 5.5m but I didn't have time to check through that paper after spending too long attempting q.9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsweet76)
    I agree with all of the answers apart from 9, which I got 1/(2+root3), so u = 0.268
    I also got that. Hopefully it's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkendrick)
    Centre of mass was given as 4.3m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngrySloth)
    I got 5.5
    I mean I can't remember the question, they gave us the centre of mass, which was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puzzled_Logician)
    I got AC to be 5.5m but I didn't have time to check through that paper after spending too long attempting q.9
    would you mind explaining your method please?

ReputationRep:
    Not hard except last Q, last exam feeling pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    Then I think my AC was 4.85 because it was 0.55+centre of mass (4.3?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swaggersaurusrex)
    would you mind explaining your method please?
    X(bar) = 4.3m (stated in question)
    X(bar) = (3g*0 +5g*6 +8g*(AC) + 4g*4)/(20g)

Rearrange to find AC

I can't remember the details of lengths in the question exactly, but something like that...

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.