The Student Room Group

I miss my ex so much

My ex and I were in a really nice relationship for 11 months. I was really happy and so was he. 6 months before he had to go to university he told me that it would not work for us to go long distance. He had a long distance relationship before which did not go well. The day before he had to leave for uni he told me the same thing. I was kind of expecting it so I was not too emotional about it. To my surprise, he got very emotional although he had told me he wouldn't be. I tried convincing him to give the relationship a chance but he refused. I decided to wait and let him see how uni is like so, when he came home for winter break, I told him that I missed him and I asked if he, by any chance, changed his mind and he said no. I was a little disappointed although I expected it. It's just really hard to deal with this break-up after having a really nice and healthy relationship and I wish there was something I could do. :frown:
Sorry to hear this. Maybe it's time to move on (which i'm sure you've been told before so, sorry for repeated advice). Who know's he could have been right and it may have ended with a lot more mess and heartbreak.

LDR takes a lot of time and effort, probably too much to deal with as well as uni.

I hope you feel better soon and try to meet up with close friends while you can in the next week.
Original post by Anonymous
My ex and I were in a really nice relationship for 11 months. I was really happy and so was he. 6 months before he had to go to university he told me that it would not work for us to go long distance. He had a long distance relationship before which did not go well. The day before he had to leave for uni he told me the same thing. I was kind of expecting it so I was not too emotional about it. To my surprise, he got very emotional although he had told me he wouldn't be. I tried convincing him to give the relationship a chance but he refused. I decided to wait and let him see how uni is like so, when he came home for winter break, I told him that I missed him and I asked if he, by any chance, changed his mind and he said no. I was a little disappointed although I expected it. It's just really hard to deal with this break-up after having a really nice and healthy relationship and I wish there was something I could do. :frown:

Sorry to hear this, guess if he really loved you, he would have gave it a go. I would forget him and cut him out your life, you deserve someone who is totally committed to you.
Awwwww break ups do hurt so I would advise you to do what I did when I went through heartbreak. You need to keep yourself busy! When I was going through heartbreak, I went off to Wales, climbed Mount Snowdon (lost so much leg fat I couldn't stop admiring how amazing my leg gap was lol and I looked good in shorts) and then climbed a couple of waterfalls after canoeing across a lake. I was in Snowdonia for just 5 days. By the end of that time, I realised I had been so preoccupied I got over him :smile: Try it :smile:
I agree LDR do take time and effort and are only successful for the committed - so it's best you know now that he wasn't in the end, that into you.

I've known several people with LDR - a friend had a boyfriend in Edinburgh while she was ion London - another Sheffield Cambridge - they spent a lot of time on trains but the relationships blossomed and they are now together in one place finally. I guess it can be a big turn on to know someone values you so much that they are prepared to travel so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending