Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

WJEC A2 Computing CG3 - Tuesday 23rd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have the MS for last year's CG3 exam? Started doing the paper and didn't realise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by actanide)
    You can use as many booklets as you want, so you can even leave a whole page for a 2marker, they cant do anything about it
    Ironic if they repeat the question about paper based systems from last year when I'm wasting tons of paper :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can use as many booklets as you want, so you can even leave a whole page for a 2marker, they cant do anything about it
    I want to use a booklet per question please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamietopp21)
    I want to use a booklet per question please
    I can't imagine what they'd do if you did that haha, I dont think theyd have a choice but mark it as usual

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine what they'd do if you did that haha, I dont think theyd have a choice but mark it as usual
    Its almost too tempting to pass up the opportunity xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamietopp21)
    Its almost too tempting to pass up the opportunity xD
    last exam as well, mwahah

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm off to bed to try and get a good nights sleep, good luck everyone! Hope things come up that people are hoping come up, remember to read the whole thing before hand, read the questions, use examples and terminology!

I trust we will all be on here after the exam tomorrow to discuss answers! Good luck again everyone! We'll ace it!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck yall!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's safe to say only God could perform a miracle to get me at least a B tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    How did you do the mantissa exponents question ? I totally forgot!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! See you on the other side!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Good luck everyone! See you on the other side!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whatcha think? I was all good minus the case tools. Totally blanked.

And hay, lovely to know our exam people can manage to open a door. :lol: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    It was good, I did some weird stuff for the algorithm but I think it was okay. What were the 4 tables for the database question? I didn't get that one

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's over.

That was tough database question! I got Teachers, TeacherSkills, Modules and Contracts for my tables, but it was tough with only four. Does one teacher have a single skill? Does a module have a single skill? It was far too ambiguous...

I managed to put something down for every question, but we're at the mercy of the mark scheme now!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I loved the algorithm. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Was the exponent 4 or 5? Couldn't remember if it should start with a 0 or a 1.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty straight forward, the Databases and the Algorithm were probably the toughest that has been. I'm not sure if I got the database correct.

ReputationRep:
    Exponent was 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DerRm)
    Exponent was 5
    I see, it said binary point should be straight after the leftmost bit, which I thought was the first 1 in 00010111.001...

ReputationRep:
    Heart dropped when I saw CASE tools mentioned lel. Put loads down for debuggers and compilers, but only 1 or 2 things for CASE. Is it possible to get over 10 doing that?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.