Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

WJEC A2 Computing CG3 - Tuesday 23rd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DerRm)
    Good work there, thanks. AlthougI haven't had time to look at the db question properly, if a teacher can be employed more than once (and therefore have more than one contract) then contract shouldn't be in the teacher table, teacher should be in the contract table instead. The wording of the question was ambiguous though (does a module use only one skill? Can that skill only ever be used in one module? Can a teacher have more than one skill? etc. etc.)
    I genuinely don't know. I really hated the way that question was worded - so many possibilities :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The mark scheme is now updated - thoughts?
    (Original post by jamietopp21)
    Thank you so much! Though i think question 6 is wrong? Shouldn't Khan be on the right of Jarvis as K comes after J in the alphabet? if I'm wrong i look like an idiot. XDAlso question 13, the answer you've given is only 7 bits, the actual answer should be 8 bits!Also question 15, it states "If see 00000100and correct conversion to -5" - should that not be 00000101?Also i believe question 7 was actually 2 marks

(Original post by DerRm)
    Good work there, thanks. AlthougI haven't had time to look at the db question properly, if a teacher can be employed more than once (and therefore have more than one contract) then contract shouldn't be in the teacher table, teacher should be in the contract table instead. The wording of the question was ambiguous though (does a module use only one skill? Can that skill only ever be used in one module? Can a teacher have more than one skill? etc. etc.)

ReputationRep:
    OFFICAL GRADE BOUNDIRES ARE OUT FOR CG3 and CG4

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx

CG3:

A: 81 (raw)
    B: 72 (raw)
    C: 63 (raw)
    D: 54 (raw)
    E: 45 (raw)

ReputationRep:
    OFFICAL GRADE BOUNDIRES ARE OUT FOR CG3 and CG4

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx

CG3:

A: 81 (raw)
    B: 72 (raw)
    C: 63 (raw)
    D: 54 (raw)
    E: 45 (raw)
    Thoughts???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Thoughts???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I expected them to be a little higher if I'm honest, maybe 84 for an A, so I'm pretty happy with them, guess we will find out yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I expected them to be a little higher if I'm honest, maybe 84 for an A, so I'm pretty happy with them, guess we will find out yourself?
    I'm really pleased. 95 for 130 UMS is great. Also the coursework boundaries are good too! Hoping for 70 UMS in that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    CG3

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439348853.525618.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  76.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    CG4

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439348879.980537.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  80.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got a D in this exam haha. Oh well - didn't need it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    So happy!:party:A2 Results 2015The format used below is:Subject (Exam Board): Final Grade
    • Computing (WJEC): A*
      Spoiler:
      Show

Predicted: A*
      AS grade: A (198/200)

Module scores:
      CG1 - 130/130 (a)
      CG2 - 68/70 (a)
      CG3 - 130/130 (a)
      CG4 - 70/70 (a)

Total: 398/400 (A*)
      % UMS: 99.5%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    So happy!:party:A2 Results 2015The format used below is:Subject (Exam Board): Final Grade
      Spoiler:
      Show

Module scores:
      CG1 - 130/130 (a)
      CG2 - 68/70 (a)
      CG3 - 130/130 (a)
      CG4 - 70/70 (a)

Well done. Did your parents write the paper?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nivarka)
    Well done. Did your parents write the paper?!
    Nope Although my name appeared at the top of the Binary tree under "Davies"! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
      Spoiler:
      Show

Module scores:
      CG1 - 130/130 (a)
      CG2 - 68/70 (a)
      CG3 - 130/130 (a)
      CG4 - 70/70 (a)

Well done I got an A. The A* would have been nice but I only needed a B so I'm very pleased - good luck with everything in the future, looks like you have a bright one!

Does anyone know if the examiner reports are anywhere online? Would be nice to see the comments about the exam, especially the Teacher, Skills, Modules whatever else question!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done I got an A. The A* would have been nice but I only needed a B so I'm very pleased - good luck with everything in the future, looks like you have a bright one!

Does anyone know if the examiner reports are anywhere online? Would be nice to see the comments about the exam, especially the Teacher, Skills, Modules whatever else question!!
    They will be on the WJEC website in a few months I think

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why but this post popped into my head, and I thought I'd see how everyone i getting on with University (or whatever you're all doing now) - how is everyone getting on? )

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why but this post popped into my head, and I thought I'd see how everyone i getting on with University (or whatever you're all doing now) - how is everyone getting on? )
    Hey! University is going great, just very... very tiring, haha. Practically finished for this semester now, just got one lecture on Monday then that's it. How about everyone else?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.