Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I'm doing subjects eg. sociology and they're so many cases and names, especially the names I can't memorise because they're so unusual lol. any tips? would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itshafsaa)
    So I'm doing subjects eg. sociology and they're so many cases and names, especially the names I can't memorise because they're so unusual lol. any tips? would be helpful
    Hi! I didn't do sociology but i did psychology and what helped me memorise lots of names and generally essays was using acronyms (take the first letter of researchers name and after going through your essay again and again you'll remember the most unusual names too) in order and under headings they go under for supporting studies and studies against a theory for example:

A01:
    theory - all main points/keywords for theory here

A02
    (+)D.E.V.S
    (-)H.A.J

also condense info down cut out info you don't need and sort it out into A01, A02 (or the way your essays are marked by examiners) so it's clear how you will write your essay. And keep repeating them out load or in your mind eventually all the information will stick! oh yeah and memorise information when you can (in your free time) you don't want to leave it late. I hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ko111)
    Hi! I didn't do sociology but i did psychology and what helped me memorise lots of names and generally essays was using acronyms (take the first letter of researchers name and after going through your essay again and again you'll remember the most unusual names too) in order and under headings they go under for supporting studies and studies against a theory for example:

A01:
    theory - all main points/keywords for theory here

A02
    (+)D.E.V.S
    (-)H.A.J

also condense info down cut out info you don't need and sort it out into A01, A02 (or the way your essays are marked by examiners) so it's clear how you will write your essay. And keep repeating them out load or in your mind eventually all the information will stick! oh yeah and memorise information when you can (in your free time) you don't want to leave it late. I hope that helps
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itshafsaa)
    Thank you!!
    no problem have a look through these threads you'll find revision tips from previous students and useful resources for sociology: link 1, link 2 Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I like to apply various sociological terms to films because they become to life. The other week, I was watching Trading Places in class and would usually shout out a particular term - e.g. white collar crime - whenever it appeared in the film. It makes a change from creating flashcards and staring at words on a piece of paper for ages, believe me!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.