Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

I [email protected]&$ing Hate The ISA Watch

ReputationRep:
    I hate the grade boundaries on the AQA Physics ISA; a difference of two marks is absurd. I hate the fact that I put in so much attention to detail, and think hard about each question like the perfect student would any exam question, but the markscheme just happens to be looking for one way of looking at it. No matter how careful I am, there's always an unfair marking, and I can't stand that.
    It's the main thing holding back my grade in Physics, which I'm certain would eventually be an A* or high A, if it were not for the ISA. Was not happy with my C is last year's ISA, and I'm dreading the upcoming ISA more than anything. :banghead:
    With that being said, any tips that I can use to ensure at least an A in the next ISA? I would be immensely grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuclear Ghost)
    I hate the grade boundaries on the AQA Physics ISA; a difference of two marks is absurd. I hate the fact that I put in so much attention to detail, and think hard about each question like the perfect student would any exam question, but the markscheme just happens to be looking for one way of looking at it. No matter how careful I am, there's always an unfair marking, and I can't stand that.
    It's the main thing holding back my grade in Physics, which I'm certain would eventually be an A* or high A, if it were not for the ISA. Was not happy with my C is last year's ISA, and I'm dreading the upcoming ISA more than anything. :banghead:
    With that being said, any tips that I can use to ensure at least an A in the next ISA? I would be immensely grateful.
    Is this GCSE or A-level? ISAs are not usually highly weighted, so it shouldn't pull down your grade too much. I have the same problem, always get lower marks in practical assessments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Is this GCSE or A-level? ISAs are not usually highly weighted, so it shouldn't pull down your grade too much. I have the same problem, always get lower marks in practical assessments.
    It's A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure that you understand in detail all of the content that you've covered so far. You need to be able to explain things in an assessment. You also need to be confident with things like drawing lines of best fit, scatter graphs, calculating percentage uncertainties etc.. A good thing to do is to practice thinking of limitations of the experiments that you do in class.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Other schools cheat, which in turn inflates the grade boundaries. It also seems the examiners are just trying to catch you out, rather than test knowledge. Not looking forward to this years one

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.