Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Really need some help with how to revise the history course. I'm doing Edexcel, Germany 1918-45, Italy 1896-1943 and British Politics 1945-90. I'm a fairly average graded student and my GCSE's weren't amazing, unlike many of my other classmates in History - so I'm struggling. It's mainly the amount of information that I need to learn, not the technique of writing it. GCSE History was far easier to revise for; I made flash cards of the main dates, points, events etc. that you'd need to know, memorised them and worked from there, and came out with a very high grade in one of the papers because of this way. However, I'm not sure that will do for A-Level
    thank youuuuuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AQA history AS, but I imagine there is a similar amount of information you need to learn! What I'm doing is making 50 flashcards for each topic (which is a lot but it does actually force you to condense the information), I've also written an extra 5 flashcards just for exam technique, because the time conditions are tough! Then id just say do as many practice essays as you can and hand them in, and get them marked, I'd advise you to do these under timed conditions. I've been doing all this and my mock result was an A (I only lost 6 marks overall), so this seems to be working for me, I hope this helps? - Kristina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.