Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ebay small claims court Watch

(Original post by BANS2012)
    Only someone with more money and time then sense would take someone to court over £1.
    I really would not threat about it.

The only thing I would be concerned with is negative feedback.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hes a ****, dont trust the mufo!!

ReputationRep:
    May I ask do sellers need to pay the VAT when selling to buyers living inside Britain? Thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    So I was selling a snowboard bag over christmas and it was going to sell for £1 so I ended the item, messaged the winner that I was cancelling it. He then proceeded to pay which I refunded and said the item was no longer available. He is now threatening to take me to small claims court over this. Do I have a case?
    just scare tactics. hes annoyed he didnt get his bargain. it will not proceed in the claims court. next time set a reverse price!

do let us know what happens though.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to take it to court. If it ever happens, the judge will throw it out, leaving him out of pocket.

ReputationRep:
    This actually comes under "loss of bargain" and I recall a similar case involving a buyer who purchased a table with a market value of £600 for £50, The seller refused to supply the table for £50 and refunded the buyer, the buyer then sued the seller for £550+ costs as it was a loss of bargain. The judge ruled in favor of the claimant.

Note that I have forgotten whether the seller was operating as a trader or as an individual (Your ebay account type is irrelevant). If you type in Ebay loss of bargain then it will surely come up

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all,I have a problem for you please,what should a letter before court contain.I'm trying to get my money back from a car dealer,car still under waranty.After 2 weeks of having the car it breakdown i.e limp mode(loss of power),took it back,got it fixed,and again same thing.They tried to repair it 3 times and this is the 4th time and they got the car since 31.07.2015.There more to the story,if any of you could help please,I will be gratefull.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.