Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Who was stuck over Xmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately my shift on Xmas Eve evening overran, so when I finished there was no public transport to take me back home. I was stuck at work on Xmas day and Boxing day

Anyone else had the same trouble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    Unfortunately my shift on Xmas Eve evening overran, so when I finished there was no public transport to take me back home. I was stuck at work on Xmas day and Boxing day

Wow really? That sounds awful

I remember my Dad telling me about one year when he was working on Xmas Eve and some guy had fallen asleep on the tube and ended up on completely the wrong side of London. All the tubes had stopped running then though so the guy had to pay out for a crazy expensive taxi.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't you walk or get someone to pick you up?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

That's horrible. Was there anywhere for you to sleep? Was anyone else stuck with you?

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately not. the walk is about 30 miles. the only good thing is that the place i work in is open 24/7 so i had somewhere to sleep and eat

ReputationRep:

Where do you work? / hotel? That sounds horrible wow

ReputationRep:
    Taxi?

ReputationRep:
    im too bah humbug to pay for a taxi!

ReputationRep:

Yup, I finished at 11 on Xmas eve and the buses here stopped running at 7. No biggy though, just called a taxi and sat round chatting to everyone whilst I waited for it to show up. Sod being stuck in work on Xmas day!!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.