Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Help with (part of) a past question? AQA Law Lay Magistrates. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been going over some past questions before my mock - and I'm currently attempting: 'Outline the qualifications required for appointment as a lay magistrate. Briefly explain the training a lay magistrate has to undergo after appointment.' (10 marks)

Whilst I'm confident in outlining the qualifications - I don't understand how I'm meant to briefly summarise the training - it seems like such a vast area, how can I fit everything into just 5 marks?

Your help would be really appricated!

ReputationRep:
    - Magistrates Courts Committee is responsible for all magistrates training.
    - Very little acquiring of legal knowledge.
    - Outline use of mentors.
    - Outline induction and basic training.

The worst thing about this exam paper is the time constraints, however you have to be straight to the point with what you are writing. Practise writing to the time constraint of 5 or 6 minutes. You only need 5 or 6 decent points. Try to pre-plan answers, and for every sentence you write it HAS to be adding you marks. The examiners will take into account the time constraints when marking!

Good luck

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.