Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Why is this such a low rating, is this a good reflection? Thinking of going to Oxford Brookes but this has put me off making the decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice.A1996)
    Why is this such a low rating, is this a good reflection? Thinking of going to Oxford Brookes but this has put me off making the decision.
    I'm at Brookes and tbh, the student union isn't that great compared to other unis where the union is the centre of activities. However, due to having two universities, Oxford is a place dedicated to students. The centre is full of pubs, bars and a decent amount of clubs as well as other things like a few cinemas and museums. So definitely don't let the poor satisfaction with the student union put you off because Oxford as a place has so much to offer. Have you been to an open day? That might give you a feel of the place

ReputationRep:
    Night life in Oxford is awful. Might be why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink pineapple)
    I'm at Brookes and tbh, the student union isn't that great compared to other unis where the union is the centre of activities. However, due to having two universities, Oxford is a place dedicated to students. The centre is full of pubs, bars and a decent amount of clubs as well as other things like a few cinemas and museums. So definitely don't let the poor satisfaction with the student union put you off because Oxford as a place has so much to offer. Have you been to an open day? That might give you a feel of the place
    Okay thank you, that's helpful, I went to an open day and really liked the university, got an offer from Brookes but trying to decide between them and another uni

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.