Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Spots on chest and back are ruining my confidence to find a boyfriend Watch

For the last 5 or so years, I've had acne on my back and chest. Sometimes it's really bad, other times it's barely noticeable, but it's always there to some degree. I've got scarring on my back and breasts, which I absolutely hate.

I've had a 2 brief relationships, but have only had sex with a top on as I don't want the guy to see my body.

Guys, would you be repulsed by this?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I suffered from body acne for a long time. I never had problems attracting or keeping boyfriends because of it, my sister also has it much worse than me and she has a boyfriend. If a guy is repulsed by it then you clearly haven't found the right guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I didn't, wouldn't and I doubt many others would.

Bad thing about blokes: we're only after one thing.

Good thing about blokes: we're only after one thing!

Seriously though, it is a crying shame how we fret about things in our appearance that only ourselves and nasty-mouthed people care about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Hey, I suffered from body acne for a long time. I never had problems attracting or keeping boyfriends because of it, my sister also has it much worse than me and she has a boyfriend. If a guy is repulsed by it then you clearly haven't found the right guy.
    Exactly!
    OP you should find a guy who loves you for you, thinks you're beautiful and wouldn't change you for anything. And chances are he'll probably feel a bit insecure about his body too, but you'll both just get over it because it's all kind of meaningless when you're with the right person.
    (Without sounding too romantic and cliche!)

ReputationRep:
    Most guys won't care.

Once you start taking clothes off, unless you are hiding a 3rd boob or growing something, no guy is going to care.

Even then, I think a lot of guys wouldn't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    I didn't, wouldn't and I doubt many others would.

Bad thing about blokes: we're only after one thing.

Good thing about blokes: we're only after one thing!

Seriously though, it is a crying shame how we fret about things in our appearance that only ourselves and nasty-mouthed people care about.
    I wouldn't find it particularly nice, does that make me a nasty mouthed person for not liking acne?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infan2a)
    I wouldn't find it particularly nice
    Nobody's asking you to find it nice.

(Original post by Infan2a)
    does that make me a nasty mouthed person for not liking acne?
    Provided you're not one of those who says "Yuck, you've got spots", no. But you knew that's what I meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Nobody's asking you to find it nice.

Provided you're not one of those who says "Yuck, you've got spots", no. But you knew that's what I meant.
    OP asked that very question though

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a non-issue really. Once your at this stage nobodys going to care about this.

ReputationRep:
    no one will care
    more than half of the flaws we see in our body will not be noticed by another person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    PRSOM

Nobody has perfect, flawless skin OP. And we view our own 'flaws' as being a LOT worse than what other people do usually.

ReputationRep:
    Have you gone to the doctors? One summer I had spots on my chest and back.. My doctor prescribed me a shampoo called selsun, it's a dandruff shampoo.. However it has its other uses. It worked wonders. You should give it a try.

ReputationRep:
    Also some guys really don't care. The guy I was dating at the time didn't seem to notice it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Most guys won't care.

Once you start taking clothes off, unless you are hiding a 3rd boob or growing something, no guy is going to care.

Even then, I think a lot of guys wouldn't really care.
    third boob ofc we wouldnt care!;p

ReputationRep:
    I got badly burnt when I was 15 and all my boobs are totally burnt with a massive scar right across the front , so I can understand how you feel . you just gotta work it girl , I think the fact your boobs are out and your having sex with him is enough to keep him happy . Took me a while to realize that scars don't matter , if you don't let them affect you then nobody else will be affected either . Confidence is key . Good luck

ReputationRep:
    For the last 5 or so years, I've had acne on my back and chest. Sometimes it's really bad, other times it's barely noticeable, but it's always there to some degree. I've got scarring on my back and breasts, which I absolutely hate.

I've had a 2 brief relationships, but have only had sex with a top on as I don't want the guy to see my body.

If it bothers them then they are not interested in you for the right reasons.

The way I've always seen it is that if a guy (or girl) is that shallow when you're young and attractive etc, what will they be like when aging sets in etc? They'll be the ones chasing someone younger and acting like tools. The decent ones who aren't shallow like that are much more likely to stick around because they are interested in you for the right reasons

ReputationRep:

nope.

Would be too happy about seeing boobs to care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssupernova)
    I got badly burnt when I was 15 and all my boobs are totally burnt with a massive scar right across the front
    Wow! Seven whole minutes since you posted and still no bloke has replied "Photo?" It must be a record!

Edit:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Would be too happy about seeing boobs to care.
    :-)

ReputationRep:

As a guy who suffers the exact same problem, I'd be totally cool with it. I'm personally repulsed by it on myself but knowing the pain of it I wouldn't mind it on someone else.

Even though I actually have quite a nice body (think six pack) it is absolutely ruined by my acne on my chest and back which is worse than how you describe it. So I prefer my top on with sex also.

Maybe if I can ever afford it, we can both have laser treatment

I wouldn't worry, while it's ideal for it not to be there, no one is perfect. The right person won't care anyway, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's only two particular spots on your chest he'll care about anyway!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.