Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for cambridge or oxford, see for your reference...I know it has to be 2 different people, but can it be in the same field because I cannot get any references from uni, so am using charity work and pharmacy work. is that ok? (both from non-academic angle)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    Anyone applying for cambridge or oxford, see for your reference...I know it has to be 2 different people, but can it be in the same field because I cannot get any references from uni, so am using charity work and pharmacy work. is that ok? (both from non-academic angle)
    oxford want 3 xx

For oxford they want applicant to have atleast 2 academic references(3 in total). I don't know anything about cambridge but expect something similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsar101)
    For oxford they want applicant to have atleast 2 academic references(3 in total). I don't know anything about cambridge but expect something similar.
    hey tsar, my final academic reference just sent theirs. PHEW. Time to wrap up the PS and send it off by tomo morning!
    EEK!

Where else have u applied?

ReputationRep:
    For cambridge, at least one reference needs to be academic. In the reference section of the Cambridge application, your referree has to comment on your academic ability (which only an academic referee can do).

(Original post by Lostperson)
    hey tsar, my final academic reference just sent theirs. PHEW. Time to wrap up the PS and send it off by tomo morning!
    EEK!

Where else have u applied?
    Just in the nick of time I still need to do some editing on my personal statement so I'll be sending it on the 15th......

I am appling to Oxford, Swansea, Imperial(5yrs) and St George's.

How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsar101)
    Just in the nick of time I still need to do some editing on my personal statement so I'll be sending it on the 15th......

I am appling to Oxford, Swansea, Imperial(5yrs) and St George's.

How about yourself?
    literally! haha...

Oxford GEM
    Glasgow( 5 year)
    Kings GEM
    Newcastle GEM

i dont trust my BMAT score to bet two unis on it. in fact Oxford is a big risk and if i hadn't done my MSc there, I wouldn't dare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    Having a bit of a panic now, which ini out of Barts, Newcastle and kings is the one that really prioritises firsts?
    Out of those 3, I've gone for kings and Barts.. only have a 2:1 but 750 ukcat.
    Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??
    i think newcastle or kings are your best bet
    I've read on TSR that barts like 1sts, and I haven't read anything like that for the other two.

But thats just what I have seen, have a look at the threads for those med schools and see what everyone is saying*

ReputationRep:
    Had acknowledgement from Newcastle this morning. It all feels very real now.

ReputationRep:
    I know. Super real!! Good luck everyone! Everyone here seems well prepared so let's see what happens. I've had all my acknowledgements too. Scary.

I've gone for Southampton, Warwick, SGUL (though given I felt GAMSAT went badly this was potentially a waste) and Cambridge (this really is a Hail Mary).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??
    Newcastle solely use your UKCAT score to discern who to interview so probably safest there. Kings do a bit of an overview of everything i believe but prioritised on degree and UKCAT. Barts seem to like firsts a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Does your reference have to be in place by the time you submit your application? Like I've asked my tutor to write me a reference but would it need to be done by tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefuldoctor)
    Does your reference have to be in place by the time you submit your application? Like I've asked my tutor to write me a reference but would it need to be done by tomorrow?
    Yes, I believe so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Sandals)
    Yes, I believe so.
    Omg, are you sure? My tutor said that they only ask for references if they're planning on taking your application forward??

This is gonna stress me out, can someone confirm fully?! :2in1:

ReputationRep:
    Omg, are you sure? My tutor said that they only ask for references if they're planning on taking your application forward??

You can probably work a way around it, but I was always under the impression that your reference goes in with your UCAS form. Unless the uni asks for additional references i.e Oxbridge

ReputationRep:

Your UCAS application cannot be submitted until the reference is attached! (It is not possible to send it!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    Your UCAS application cannot be submitted until the reference is attached!
    Wait, so that means if I submit my actual stuff by 6pm tomorrow but my tutor hasn't attached the reference I'm essentially f*****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    Your UCAS application cannot be submitted until the reference is attached! (It is not possible to send it!)
    Well there you go. Get your skates on!

ReputationRep:
    Wait, so that means if I submit my actual stuff by 6pm tomorrow but my tutor hasn't attached the reference I'm essentially f*****?
    It won't be possible to submit it!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.