Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    It won't be possible to submit it!
    When I'm on UCAS (as am I'm applying as an independent which I'm pretty sure most people are) all it says is that you fill in reference details and then you have to make sure all the other sections are completed before you can submit because all that happens is that your referee gets an email to fill in your reference. Or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Sandals)
    You can probably work a way around it, but I was always under the impression that your reference goes in with your UCAS form. Unless the uni asks for additional references i.e Oxbridge
    It does.....the only exception being that the SECOND reference for Cambridge has to be received by October 22nd, although I imagine applicants get it all done by the 15th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefuldoctor)
    When I'm on UCAS (as am I'm applying as an independent which I'm pretty sure most people are) all it says is that you fill in reference details and then you have to make sure all the other sections are completed before you can submit because all that happens is that your referee gets an email to fill in your reference. Or something like that.
    My understanding was/is that the ref has to be attached. My apologies if I am mistaken. However, it would still need to have been done by 6pm on the 15th.

ReputationRep:
    My understanding was/is that the ref has to be attached. My apologies if I am mistaken. However, it would still need to have been done by midnight on the 15th.
    I've just checked UCAS and I think what you were saying is correct. Apologies for my mistake. I'm just hoping my tutor can get it done before 6pm tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    All sections on the left (that includes reference) must have a red tick before submission.

ReputationRep:
    My understanding was/is that the ref has to be attached. My apologies if I am mistaken. However, it would still need to have been done by midnight on the 15th.
    By 6pm on the 15th, not midnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefuldoctor)
    Wait, so that means if I submit my actual stuff by 6pm tomorrow but my tutor hasn't attached the reference I'm essentially f*****?
    You're reference has to be completed before you can pay and submit your application. Once your referee completes the reference section, you'll get an email and that section will have a tick next to it. So, I suggest you contact your referee to see what's going on. You have entered their details and clicked on send the reference on UCAS right?

The deadline is 6pm not midnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinJR)
    By 6pm on the 15th, not midnight.
    Ooops! Sorry! Had midnight in my head, as that is the deadline for applications on NHS jobs!

ReputationRep:
    Question: BMAT:

if you have limited time and your studying physics section, what section would you concentrate on? i.e. most important in physics BMAT.

cheers*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    Question: BMAT:

if you have limited time and your studying physics section, what section would you concentrate on? i.e. most important in physics BMAT.

cheers*
    You have plenty of time!!! It's GCSE physics just get a cgp revision guide or something and go through it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    You have plenty of time!!! It's GCSE physics just get a cgp revision guide or something and go through it
    lol really? I am actually panicking!

whats cgp

I did do any physics iat school at all thats why I struggled at GAMSAT last year. Do you suggest to first read notes then try past papers?

ReputationRep:

whats cgp

I did do any physics iat school at all thats why I struggled at GAMSAT last year. Do you suggest to first read notes then try past papers?
    no..do not panic. I am yet to to touch section 2 ...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Physics-Rev...p+physics+gcse

one of these. they make everything easy to understand.

ReputationRep:

whats cgp

I don't know/can't remember how helpful BBC GCSE bitesize is but maybe use that as well?

Good luck.

ReputationRep:

whats cgp

where else u applying and whats the ukcat score?

ReputationRep:
    Do we email our details to UCAS for the GAMSAT or is there some place to put it on the application? EDIT Ignore. I figured it out lol

And has anyone put UKCAT and GAMSAT in their qualifications section?

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering whether anyone had any advice. I have graduated with a 2.1 in biomedical science and have taken both the GAMSAT and UKCAT. I am going to apply to Swansea, St Georges and Liverpool and chance the GAMSAT result as my UCKAT was quite low, 657.

For my fourth choice from reading this thread I was thinking of applying for one 5 year course and was wondering what uni's i would have a chance at with a UKCAT of 657?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    My application is now in the hands of the gods. Does anyone have any idea how quickly the UCAS PID comes through on the welcome email, as i wish hoping to my UKCAT stuff all finished today as well, but i assume it won't come through until next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    where else u applying and whats the ukcat score?
    cambridge
    BSMS
    LEEDS
    IMEPERIAL

so basically 3 BMAT unis

I didn't do UKCAT this year, had enough of it lol*

ReputationRep:
    cambridge
    BSMS
    LEEDS
    IMEPERIAL

so basically 3 BMAT unis

I didn't do UKCAT this year, had enough of it lol*
    yeh it takes the piss tbh i got lucky with my questions and got 700. not enough for GEM. but will give it a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinJR)
    My application is now in the hands of the gods. Does anyone have any idea how quickly the UCAS PID comes through on the welcome email, as i wish hoping to my UKCAT stuff all finished today as well, but i assume it won't come through until next week?
    Mine came through in like 20 minutes.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.