Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've applied to Cambridge. Is it possible to change the college I've applied to?

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbon_)
    Hey,

I've applied to Cambridge. Is it possible to change the college I've applied to?

Many thanks!
    I believe so, because deadline is 22nd Oct

What college you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    I believe so, because deadline is 22nd Oct

What college you want?
    Do I do this via Track? (I.e. Substitute your choice)

Would they find out?

From Wolfson to Hughes Halls. I don't think I have enough healthcare work experience, hence going for Wolfson was probably a bad choice.

Also, thank you for your reply!

ReputationRep:
    Do I do this via Track? (I.e. Substitute your choice)

Would they find out?

From Wolfson to Hughes Halls. I don't think I have enough healthcare work experience, hence going for Wolfson was probably a bad choice.

Also, thank you for your reply!
    Does it actually matter? I thought all colleges are the same!So I picked random one lol

You do that on your cambridge application not UCAS. Have you done that?

ReputationRep:
    Does it actually matter? I thought all colleges are the same!So I picked random one lol

You do that on your cambridge application not UCAS. Have you done that?
    I am not sure :P

I am basing it on "We strongly advise obtaining medical/healthcare experience as a paid or volunteer worker in the private or public healthcare industry and the shadowing of medical professionals in hospital/GP practice. We look for varied and consistent hands-on patient care along with experience working within an NHS environment." (http://www.wolfson.cam.ac.uk/applyin.../subjects/cgcm)

Seems like they expect you to do a lot

But I am not entirely sure

Doing it as we speak :P I am actually on w/e now, hence I am submitting it this Friday

ReputationRep:

I am basing it on "We strongly advise obtaining medical/healthcare experience as a paid or volunteer worker in the private or public healthcare industry and the shadowing of medical professionals in hospital/GP practice. We look for varied and consistent hands-on patient care along with experience working within an NHS environment." (http://www.wolfson.cam.ac.uk/applyin.../subjects/cgcm)

Doing it as we speak :P I am actually on w/e now, hence I am submitting it this Friday

I haven't started yet so....

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. The applications are ranked centrally by the Clinical School, and you actually might end up in a different college after all, if a lot of successful applicants are concentrated in one-two colleges (in which case they reallocate).

ReputationRep:
    tbh I dont mind, as long as I get in...then I will worry about colleges and the money to cover fees..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Member1995)
    ...Also, some universities went into clearing for medicine so keep a look out! I wish you all the best! x
    Which Universities used clearing?

Not something I've heard happen before, for Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsugi)
    Which Universities used clearing?

Not something I've heard happen before, for Medicine.
    It was only SGUL, for the 5 year course.
    Graduates are not eligible for the undergrad course there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    It was only SGUL, for the 5 year course.
    Graduates are not eligible for the undergrad course there.
    It was also Sheffield university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Member1995)
    It was also Sheffield university
    OK

ReputationRep:
    So did SGUL & Sheffield select and interview candidates in a short period?? Did they not use their reserve list :?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafNaf39)
    So did SGUL & Sheffield select and interview candidates in a short period?? Did they not use their reserve list :?
    http://www.gponline.com/medical-scho...rticle/1406161

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-pra...94.fullarticle

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:

Mate, you have to start tonight! Do you know how brief they want us to be? Like a few sentences about each experience?

ReputationRep:
    Mate, you have to start tonight! Do you know how brief they want us to be? Like a few sentences about each experience?

haha I think 1-2 sentences but am just going to write whatever I think is right lol, they actually changed it from last year....

I am going to submit tonight! coz working night shift tomorrow and saturday. Then need to focus on silly BMAT

ReputationRep:
    haha I think 1-2 sentences but am just going to write whatever I think is right lol, they actually changed it from last year....

I am going to submit tonight! coz working night shift tomorrow and saturday. Then need to focus on silly BMAT
    It is so hard to gauge what they want..like I don't want to annoy them by writing a lot of sentences lol

Really? What did they say last year?

Good luck dude! I am working too, it is difficult, I feel so tired lol and I need to chase my referee tomorrow too lol

ReputationRep:
    nothing, i was just surprised I got an interview last year!

does anyone know how do you combine different documents into one PDF file, I have done it before but i have totally forgotten how...cambridge is asking us to put all documents in one file....

its ok, I just sent it!!
    BMAT time now

ReputationRep:
    nothing, i was just surprised I got an interview last year!

does anyone know how do you combine different documents into one PDF file, I have done it before but i have totally forgotten how...cambridge is asking us to put all documents in one file....

its ok, I just sent it!!
    BMAT time now
    Oh that's awesome, you should get interview this year then :P

May I ask what your stats (including w/e) are? (You can PM me if you prefer!)

Ah well done! I am still writing mines...I am writing 10 line paragraphs for each bullet-point I know I need to cut, but part of me just doesn't want to remove anything LOL

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.