Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbon_)
    Hey,

I've applied to Cambridge. Is it possible to change the college I've applied to?

Many thanks!
    I believe so, because deadline is 22nd Oct

What college you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    I believe so, because deadline is 22nd Oct

What college you want?
    Do I do this via Track? (I.e. Substitute your choice)

Would they find out?

From Wolfson to Hughes Halls. I don't think I have enough healthcare work experience, hence going for Wolfson was probably a bad choice.

Also, thank you for your reply!

ReputationRep:
    Do I do this via Track? (I.e. Substitute your choice)

Would they find out?

From Wolfson to Hughes Halls. I don't think I have enough healthcare work experience, hence going for Wolfson was probably a bad choice.

Also, thank you for your reply!
    Does it actually matter? I thought all colleges are the same!So I picked random one lol

You do that on your cambridge application not UCAS. Have you done that?

ReputationRep:
    Does it actually matter? I thought all colleges are the same!So I picked random one lol

You do that on your cambridge application not UCAS. Have you done that?
    I am not sure :P

I am basing it on "We strongly advise obtaining medical/healthcare experience as a paid or volunteer worker in the private or public healthcare industry and the shadowing of medical professionals in hospital/GP practice. We look for varied and consistent hands-on patient care along with experience working within an NHS environment." (http://www.wolfson.cam.ac.uk/applyin.../subjects/cgcm)

Seems like they expect you to do a lot

But I am not entirely sure

Doing it as we speak :P I am actually on w/e now, hence I am submitting it this Friday

ReputationRep:

I am basing it on "We strongly advise obtaining medical/healthcare experience as a paid or volunteer worker in the private or public healthcare industry and the shadowing of medical professionals in hospital/GP practice. We look for varied and consistent hands-on patient care along with experience working within an NHS environment." (http://www.wolfson.cam.ac.uk/applyin.../subjects/cgcm)

Doing it as we speak :P I am actually on w/e now, hence I am submitting it this Friday

I haven't started yet so....

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. The applications are ranked centrally by the Clinical School, and you actually might end up in a different college after all, if a lot of successful applicants are concentrated in one-two colleges (in which case they reallocate).

ReputationRep:
    tbh I dont mind, as long as I get in...then I will worry about colleges and the money to cover fees..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Member1995)
    ...Also, some universities went into clearing for medicine so keep a look out! I wish you all the best! x
    Which Universities used clearing?

Not something I've heard happen before, for Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsugi)
    Which Universities used clearing?

Not something I've heard happen before, for Medicine.
    It was only SGUL, for the 5 year course.
    Graduates are not eligible for the undergrad course there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    It was only SGUL, for the 5 year course.
    Graduates are not eligible for the undergrad course there.
    It was also Sheffield university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Member1995)
    It was also Sheffield university
    OK

ReputationRep:
    So did SGUL & Sheffield select and interview candidates in a short period?? Did they not use their reserve list :?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafNaf39)
    So did SGUL & Sheffield select and interview candidates in a short period?? Did they not use their reserve list :?
    http://www.gponline.com/medical-scho...rticle/1406161

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-pra...94.fullarticle

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:

Mate, you have to start tonight! Do you know how brief they want us to be? Like a few sentences about each experience?

ReputationRep:
    Mate, you have to start tonight! Do you know how brief they want us to be? Like a few sentences about each experience?

haha I think 1-2 sentences but am just going to write whatever I think is right lol, they actually changed it from last year....

I am going to submit tonight! coz working night shift tomorrow and saturday. Then need to focus on silly BMAT

ReputationRep:
    haha I think 1-2 sentences but am just going to write whatever I think is right lol, they actually changed it from last year....

I am going to submit tonight! coz working night shift tomorrow and saturday. Then need to focus on silly BMAT
    It is so hard to gauge what they want..like I don't want to annoy them by writing a lot of sentences lol

Really? What did they say last year?

Good luck dude! I am working too, it is difficult, I feel so tired lol and I need to chase my referee tomorrow too lol

ReputationRep:
    nothing, i was just surprised I got an interview last year!

does anyone know how do you combine different documents into one PDF file, I have done it before but i have totally forgotten how...cambridge is asking us to put all documents in one file....

its ok, I just sent it!!
    BMAT time now

ReputationRep:
    nothing, i was just surprised I got an interview last year!

does anyone know how do you combine different documents into one PDF file, I have done it before but i have totally forgotten how...cambridge is asking us to put all documents in one file....

its ok, I just sent it!!
    BMAT time now
    Oh that's awesome, you should get interview this year then :P

May I ask what your stats (including w/e) are? (You can PM me if you prefer!)

Ah well done! I am still writing mines...I am writing 10 line paragraphs for each bullet-point I know I need to cut, but part of me just doesn't want to remove anything LOL

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely bored to tears with this wait. What is everyone else up to with this downtime?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.