The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Original post by thh13
Can someone help me please:

I only just realized that there was an issue with the UKCAT website and that my choices didn't submit! Anyone know what to do/how bad this is seeing that the deadline has passed? I emailed them to inform them of this with my choices etc.

I don't know for sure but I don't think it's that bad, it just might cause a bit of a delay for you. They had loads of problems a few days ago with submitting choices where people had to email them over instead so I guess there will be a delay anyway!

Hope that helps :smile: x
Question for any previous applicants (especially those for Notts), if successful in the GAMSAT and work experience forms are sent out, what cut off date do they use for relevant experience? Do they allow you to include everything done up until that particular date or do they employ a cut off, such as the UCAS deadline?

I have a good chunk of WE already but have just got a new job as a clinical support worker working 1:1 with consultants all day, working in theatres and being trained in phlebotomy in a leading hospital so it would be great on the form. Also shadowing a consultant in ICU for a week next month. That would also be great on the form (but is mainly just for my own experience).

Any knowledge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marathi
I am absolutely bored to tears with this wait. What is everyone else up to with this downtime?

Ohh recognise your name, did you apply last year? I left TSR for a while lol and now am back (dont know why)
Original post by Ama2007
Ohh recognise your name, did you apply last year? I left TSR for a while lol and now am back (dont know why)

Yes and the year before that 😭
Original post by Marathi
Yes and the year before that 😭

at least your not giving up, !!! must be very determined

I actually didn't apply after 2014, just couldnt effort time it took
but this year i thought to give it ago, like in 1st of oct lol, had to use exactly same PS because i knew it wasn't the PS that wasn't letting me in!
Original post by Themightylaa
Question for any previous applicants (especially those for Notts), if successful in the GAMSAT and work experience forms are sent out, what cut off date do they use for relevant experience? Do they allow you to include everything done up until that particular date or do they employ a cut off, such as the UCAS deadline?

I have a good chunk of WE already but have just got a new job as a clinical support worker working 1:1 with consultants all day, working in theatres and being trained in phlebotomy in a leading hospital so it would be great on the form. Also shadowing a consultant in ICU for a week next month. That would also be great on the form (but is mainly just for my own experience).

Any knowledge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know there is no cut-off for W/E for Notts, just mention on the form that you plan on doing more work experience and will provide proof once done. The fact that you are actively pursuing more experience bodes well but generally at-least 70 hours of experience within the past two years including volunteer work (healthcare ofcourse) is the minimum. To (hopefully) ease your mind the fact that you're working in a healthcare environment is very good so if you have less formal W/E (I'm guessing from info in your question) I wouldn't worry about it too much. If in doubt call the admissions team, the Notts ones are especially helpful and reassuring.
Original post by Cuts92
As far as I know there is no cut-off for W/E for Notts, just mention on the form that you plan on doing more work experience and will provide proof once done. The fact that you are actively pursuing more experience bodes well but generally at-least 70 hours of experience within the past two years including volunteer work (healthcare ofcourse) is the minimum. To (hopefully) ease your mind the fact that you're working in a healthcare environment is very good so if you have less formal W/E (I'm guessing from info in your question) I wouldn't worry about it too much. If in doubt call the admissions team, the Notts ones are especially helpful and reassuring.

Thanks. The WE I already have should be fine anyway (Ward volunteer across a number of specialties for 2 years up to present at a leading hospital and full time HCA at another hospital across all the wards as I'm banking so lots of experiences) so I have around about 650+ hours technically but can always have more to improve my application. Just wondering if I would get the chance to mention the newer stuff on the form but I guess I'll just see.

That's assuming I did well enough I'm GAMSAT of course and right now I'm more reserved to having not done enough and having to reapply anyway... I'll find out in a few weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sames about GAMSAT...I'm trying not to think about it but I keep logging on in case they've written when the results are out...S3 is going to have ended it for me I reckon with GAMSAT unis.

I am suitably distracted as I work full time in the City as well as my HCA job at weekends and the wait is still killing me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you guys already received your forms for work experience?
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Have you guys already received your forms for work experience?

Nope, UKCAT results don't go out to the universities until sometime in November. And ofcourse the GAMSAT results will be mid-November. Nothing will be dished out until after the unis have seen and sorted through these results.
What date last year did the GAMSAT results come out, anyone who did it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saward1988
What date last year did the GAMSAT results come out, anyone who did it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

12th November :smile:
Got an email from Soton asking for more information.
Original post by Medici103
Got an email from Soton asking for more information.

What kind of information if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by carbon_
What kind of information if you don't mind me asking?

There are two periods of time that aren't accounted for by education or employment and they want to know what I was doing. It feels a little strange that someone has my application in front of them!
There are two periods of time that aren't accounted for by education or employment and they want to know what I was doing. It feels a little strange that someone has my application in front of them!

Oh I see! It is, but it is exciting too :P

Good luck with your application! I will keep posting and updating about mines!

Also, if you haven't seen this: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/selection_day_dates.page?
Hi everyone!

Don't suppose anyone knows roughly when interview dates for Warwick, SGUL, kings and Newcastle are? Had a quick look and can't find much so don't know if it's a completely unknown or not.
Thanks Marathi

How far back do they want the gaps? Like since school? There are some for me too on my application form too but I left school over ten years ago. Surely they won't expect me to back date all of that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If people are interested about when I received my acknowledgement emails:

Spoiler

i have a couple of gaps!...
how long were the gaps?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending