Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbon_)
    What kind of information if you don't mind me asking?
    There are two periods of time that aren't accounted for by education or employment and they want to know what I was doing. It feels a little strange that someone has my application in front of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medici103)
    There are two periods of time that aren't accounted for by education or employment and they want to know what I was doing. It feels a little strange that someone has my application in front of them!
    Oh I see! It is, but it is exciting too :P

Good luck with your application! I will keep posting and updating about mines!

Also, if you haven't seen this: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicin...ay_dates.page?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Don't suppose anyone knows roughly when interview dates for Warwick, SGUL, kings and Newcastle are? Had a quick look and can't find much so don't know if it's a completely unknown or not.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Marathi

How far back do they want the gaps? Like since school? There are some for me too on my application form too but I left school over ten years ago. Surely they won't expect me to back date all of that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If people are interested about when I received my acknowledgement emails:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I submitted my application 15/10 @ ~ 2pm

Newcastle (A101):

Acknowledgement of my Newcastle University application: 16/10 @ 7:01 AM
    Acknowledgement of MBBS application: 26/10 @ 9:26 AM

Southampton (A101):

Thank you for your application: 16/10 @ 9:01 AM

Cambridge (A101):

CGCM application Wolfson College: 17/10 @ 4:48 PM
    CGCM application received: 24/10 @ 12:03 PM

Warwick (A101):

University of Warwick application acknowledgement: 18/10 @ 6:34 AM

ReputationRep:
    i have a couple of gaps!...
    how long were the gaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saward1988)
    Thanks Marathi

How far back do they want the gaps? Like since school? There are some for me too on my application form too but I left school over ten years ago. Surely they won't expect me to back date all of that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I left school in 1995. They want from 1996 😕

(Original post by Lostperson)
    i have a couple of gaps!...
    how long were the gaps?
    Mine were quite long. One of 5 years (children were little) and one of 3 years (homeschooling)

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok fair enough. Fair play!! I'm quite jealous you've passed the child bearing stage. I'm married with no children yet and am going to be putting it off a long while if this plays out...my poor husband.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok fair enough. Fair play!! I'm quite jealous you've passed the child bearing stage. I'm married with no children yet and am going to be putting it off a long while if this plays out...my poor husband.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow - I really admire and respect both of you.

Here I am at 26 (and single) thinking that I'm so late in the game and have so much to catch up in life.

*salute*

ReputationRep:
    I left school in 1995. They want from 1996 😕

Mine were quite long. One of 5 years (children were little) and one of 3 years (homeschooling)
    oh wow! amazing...

good luck x

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I started early - my eldest and I were at the same uni last year, him in his first year and me for my masters.
    I went to the medicine as a graduate event at the Royal Society of Medicine and one of the speakers said that there were a couple of people in her year who took a year out to have babies. I can understand wanting to put it on hold though. It can be tricky to study when you have kids, and the guilt... I think my kids have benefitted from it though. They understand hard work and achievement, and going after what you truly want. My daughter's cheering at my graduation was so loud!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    Wow - I really admire and respect both of you.

Here I am at 26 (and single) thinking that I'm so late in the game and have so much to catch up in life.

*salute*
    I think it's so great that you get such diversity of people applying for Grad Entry. I've agonised for years about applying because I'm potentially giving up a well developed career as a fund manager for it. It's really encouraging to hear about people's different stories.

I've just had an email from Southampton saying that they're now processing applications and not to worry if you don't hear immediately. Haha, I am absolutely guaranteed to worry...!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's so great that you get such diversity of people applying for Grad Entry. I've agonised for years about applying because I'm potentially giving up a well developed career as a fund manager for it. It's really encouraging to hear about people's different stories.

I've just had an email from Southampton saying that they're now processing applications and not to worry if you don't hear immediately. Haha, I am absolutely guaranteed to worry...!
    Amazing! I'm on a similar wavelength as you - been in the management consulting gig for a couple years and on a good track to the typical financially cushy corporate career.

But I feel like this is something I have to do - been regretting every single day since I left high school.

Fingers crossed for us all - our odds are definitely not in our favor. I'm non-EU/home at that, makes it all the more nerve-wrecking!

ReputationRep:

Me too! I panicked for a moment thinking that perhaps I didn't respond quick enough to their earlier email (they said by 4/11/16) and that they decided my application wasn't worth the wait. Obviously can't adult today :broken:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything from Soton yet, am i needlessly worrying?

ReputationRep:
    Should we have had confirmation from UKCAT if our scores have been sent/will be sent? Scared I didn't fill it all out properly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GJ01)
    I haven't heard anything from Soton yet, am i needlessly worrying?
    I don't think you need to worry just yet! I got this email a few hours ago saying the following:

"Our Admissions team have begun processing applications for all of our programmes, but please don't worry if you don't hear from us immediately; our selection process runs until the end of March 2017. If you have applied for our BM6(A102) programme, you will receive your eligibility form in November".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean0219)
    Should we have had confirmation from UKCAT if our scores have been sent/will be sent? Scared I didn't fill it all out properly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, when I e-mailed them my uni choices (as it wasn't allowing me to update it on the UKCAT website) they sent this:

"I can confirm that I have submitted your UCAS PID number and University choices for you. Therefore, you are not required to do anything else.

Please be advised that you will not receive an email confirming this".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jub1504)
    Hi everyone!

Don't suppose anyone knows roughly when interview dates for Warwick, SGUL, kings and Newcastle are? Had a quick look and can't find much so don't know if it's a completely unknown or not.
    Warwick said the following:

"If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to submit details of your work experience. Should you be successful in the final stages of shortlisting you will receive an invitation to attend a Selection Centre between 4th – 7th January 2017".

ReputationRep:
    Any idea when Cambridge starts giving out interviews?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.