Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelusa)
    Any idea when Cambridge starts giving out interviews?
    In 2014 (for 2015 entry), invitations went out on November 7th, for interviews on the 25th/26th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelusa)
    Any idea when Cambridge starts giving out interviews?
    Last year, invitations went out on 12th Nov, and interviews were held on the 24th and 25th. I think they went out quite late last year, hopefully it won't be as bad this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    Nope, UKCAT results don't go out to the universities until sometime in November. And ofcourse the GAMSAT results will be mid-November. Nothing will be dished out until after the unis have seen and sorted through these results.
    Ah ok i thought I was going crazy.

The lack of sunlight the past few days has made me crazy depressed so I've literally been spending the last two days permanently in front of my sun lamp

But at least I've now found out I will be starting work next week so that'll keep me distracted from university applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    Ah ok i thought I was going crazy.

The lack of sunlight the past few days has made me crazy depressed so I've literally been spending the last two days permanently in front of my sun lamp

But at least I've now found out I will be starting work next week so that'll keep me distracted from university applications!
    I feel like Im going crazy too. Barely survived these two weeks, dread to think of the god knows how many months :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafNaf39)
    I feel like Im going crazy too. Barely survived these two weeks, dread to think of the god knows how many months :'(
    I know. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and cleaning my bedroom.

And I've started writing stories again which I haven't really done since I was a teen because I can't find many interesting books to read and there's not enough TV to occupy me. Sucks that most of my friends from uni have now moved back home.

How are you filling your time?

ReputationRep:
    If it's any help, it does seem to go faster when interviews start coming out! Feels awful when you're right at the beginning and all you can do is wait. Hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    I know. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and cleaning my bedroom.

And I've started writing stories again which I haven't really done since I was a teen because I can't find many interesting books to read and there's not enough TV to occupy me. Sucks that most of my friends from uni have now moved back home.

How are you filling your time?
    Just working, spending time with family and being a bit of a lazy slob :P

(Original post by LilithSternin)
    If it's any help, it does seem to go faster when interviews start coming out! Feels awful when you're right at the beginning and all you can do is wait. Hang in there!
    Aw thanks :*

ReputationRep:
    Just working, spending time with family and being a bit of a lazy slob :P

Aw thanks :*
    At least you're working. I haven't even babysat in the last couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    At least you're working. I haven't even babysat in the last couple of weeks.
    I'm not gonna lie but I've had 0 motivation to do anything, just forced myself.

Maybe pick babysitting up again, look for bank/agency jobs or even pick up a new hobby??

ReputationRep:

Maybe pick babysitting up again, look for bank/agency jobs or even pick up a new hobby??
    which schools did u apply to and how was your UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    Does Cambridge accept A Level resits for GEM? I'm currently a second year student at Bristol studying Computer Science, and I'd like to aim for 2018 entry but I think I'd need to resit my A levels to stand any chance. I think I could do it alongside my current work load...

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone who has submitted a Cambridge application form receive confirmation it had been received?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charades24)
    Did anyone who has submitted a Cambridge application form receive confirmation it had been received?
    Yep, on the 24/10

I applied to Wolfson

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Maybe I've missed it somewhere here already, but does anyone have more details about what the interview/MMI process involves for GEM at the different universities?

So far I could only find the following info for the courses I've applied to:

Kings A102: MMI Early Jan
    Newcastle A101: MMI 12-16 Dec / 9-12 Jan / 10-14 Feb
    Queen Mary A101: Group based task / structured interview
    Southampton A101: Selection day Mon 9 / Wed 11 Jan

Also any recommendations for books / courses for preparation gratefully received!

(To be clear, I haven't received any invites for interview from any of these so far!)
    U��7�Q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timbotimbo)
    Hi all!

Maybe I've missed it somewhere here already, but does anyone have more details about what the interview/MMI process involves for GEM at the different universities?

Also any recommendations for books / courses for preparation gratefully received!

(To be clear, I haven't received any invites for interview from any of these so far!)
    U��7�Q
    Where did you get the information (interview dates) for Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbon_)
    Where did you get the information (interview dates) for Newcastle?
    Hi, they're in the attached 2017 admissions policy from the Newcastle website.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf MBBSAdmissionsPolicy2017v2.pdf (624.3 KB, 57 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

U��7�Q
    I used Medical School Interviews by Lee and Picard to prep for interviews and found it really useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilithSternin)
    I used Medical School Interviews by Lee and Picard to prep for interviews and found it really useful!
    Great, thanks Lilith! Are you already studying? And if so may I ask where?!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, they're in the attached 2017 admissions policy from the Newcastle website.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:

I've picked up Spanish again since I wrote in my Personal Statement that I'm studying spanish and portuguese so I figured I should probably improve haha

I'm so anxious about results now.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.