Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Any Cambridge GEM interview offers out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    You sure they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah this time last year I'd already had a rejection from kings because my UKCAT wasn't competitive enough. From that experience I'm guessing they reject early on depending on your UKCAT score

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for GEM at King's, Newcastle, Queen Mary and Southampton and haven't heard anything regarding interviews yet - anyone any different?

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Just thought I'd let people know that I've spoken to Warwick and they're not expecting to finish shortlisting till the 10th/11th of December (so long away ) and Southampton are expecting to send out their invites at the end of December roughly 2 weeks before interview!! They seem to like keeping us hanging on! I've also emailed Cambridge to get an update (i am ridiculously impatient seemingly) so will update when I hear!

Hope everyone is doing okay and not stressing too much like me!

ReputationRep:
    Think everyone is equally impatient!! I've got a worst case scenario of either not finding out until new year, or best case literally just before Christmas for any non-Cambridge places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saward1988)
    What date last year did the GAMSAT results come out, anyone who did it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They came out on the 12th Nov but the exam was about a week later this year!
    So i think we will know on the 16-17th Nov!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chartee21)
    Hello!

Just thought I'd let people know that I've spoken to Warwick and they're not expecting to finish shortlisting till the 10th/11th of December (so long away ) and Southampton are expecting to send out their invites at the end of December roughly 2 weeks before interview!! They seem to like keeping us hanging on! I've also emailed Cambridge to get an update (i am ridiculously impatient seemingly) so will update when I hear!

Bloomin 'eck! Was hoping it would be at least November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chartee21)
    Hello!

Oh Warwick 😩 This wait is killing me. I'm not sure I'm patient enough to wait until December 🙈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmd2)
    Oh Warwick 😩 This wait is killing me. I'm not sure I'm patient enough to wait until December 🙈
    last year for Warwick you heard about the work experience form in the second half of november, you hear about interviews in december, and actual interviews are in the first few weeks of January. So youll know if you've been shortlisted before November is over. The wait is killing me too haha, checking this forum like multiple times a day. Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Gamsat results are up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity (this year I applied for ukcat unis), would I likely get to the interview stage for any unis with these results? S1: 55, S2: 56, S3: 65-average=60

Just looking ahead for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    Out of curiosity (this year I applied for ukcat unis), would I likely get to the interview stage for any unis with these results? S1: 55, S2: 56, S3: 65-average=60

Just looking ahead for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I'm sure you will, what degree result did you get? If you got a 2:1 or a 1st I'm pretty sure Nottingham would offer you an interview and I'm sure other Uni's would too it's a good result

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an interview from cambridge yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    last year for Warwick you heard about the work experience form in the second half of november, you hear about interviews in december, and actual interviews are in the first few weeks of January. So youll know if you've been shortlisted before November is over. The wait is killing me too haha, checking this forum like multiple times a day. Where else have you applied?
    Do they only send work experience forms to those who are shortlisted for interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    Thank god! I've applied to Birmingham, Barts and Newcastle but to be honest all are a bit ambitious with my UKCAT (693) especially Newcastle. Birmingham and Barts are reviewing my education independently to see whether I meet the requirements (clutching at straws to see if my current postgraduate study in biochem related subject will suffice for no Chem A-level) so it really is all on Warwick for me!

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've applied to Liverpool/ Cardiff with my GAMSAT score. I got 60 overall with everything above 50. I got a first in my BSc and am on track for a Distinction in my MSc. Think I'm safe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    Out of curiosity (this year I applied for ukcat unis), would I likely get to the interview stage for any unis with these results? S1: 55, S2: 56, S3: 65-average=60 Just looking ahead for next year Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heya, nice scores - I pretty much got the same.

It depends where you apply. Some unis ask for 60+ (plymouth, st Georges, Swansea etc).

The unis that have a cut off of 60 and below (that I can think of) are Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham (if you have a 2.1). So all obviously really really good universities - though there's been a few hiccups over in Cardiff recently.

In terms of interviews, I literally think if you make the cut off, you get an interview 99% of the time (unless you don't have any experience or you don't meet the academic req.).

This year there were around 10,000 students taking the GAMSAT and a score of 60 comes within the top 25%. So you're/ we're competing with 2500 other graduate students.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.migo)
    Heya, nice scores - I pretty much got the same.

It depends where you apply. Some unis ask for 60+ (plymouth, st Georges, Swansea etc).

The unis that have a cut off of 60 and below (that I can think of) are Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham (if you have a 2.1). So all obviously really really good universities - though there's been a few hiccups over in Cardiff recently.

In terms of interviews, I literally think if you make the cut off, you get an interview 99% of the time (unless you don't have any experience or you don't meet the academic req.).

This year there were around 10,000 students taking the GAMSAT and a score of 60 comes within the top 25%. So you're/ we're competing with 2500 other graduate students.

Hope this helps.
    Hey do you mind me asking what you mean by there's been few hiccups over in Cardiff??
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Medic portal interview info. Is this completely correct? I thought NCL was MMI and Barts was a selection centre?Name:  Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 11.39.03.png
Views: 86
Size:  119.9 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocoholic20)
    Hey do you mind me asking what you mean by there's been few hiccups over in Cardiff??
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm guessing some people have applied to Cardiff grad without realising they actually have to have attended that university for their undergrad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.