Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddleduck)
    Haha snap :P If I had an awesome degree result I'd allow myself to dream a little more..... but I have a 2.2 and a merit at MSc..... so bleuhh...

BTW, does anyone know whether the NHS definitely will be covering part of our tuition loans in years 2,3,4? That info is on all the uni webpages but I can't find anything concrete for our application cycle...
    Last year kings rejected me on the 5th November. UKCAT 663 and predicted a 2.1 biomed degree. So far not had a no off them and UKCAT only slightly better at 674 but I got a 1st class honours degree. They don't have a cutoff I believe. They weigh up academics with UKCAT. Fingers crossed for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    lol how come I am not getting no emails or updates from no college

i thought by 15th they are responding to everyone, so we should all know by then
    I know, this is killing me. Like I don't know whether this means that it's game over or if there's a chance you may still be invited

ReputationRep:
    Any Graduates/GAMSAT applicants heard back from uni's??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzypetrie)
    I haven't heard back from anywhere yet 😫😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocoholic20)
    I haven't heard back from anywhere yet 😫😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Neither

Good luck!!!

Where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet! The only news from the GAMSAT uni front is that some people were rejected from SGUL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddleduck)
    Not yet! The only news from the GAMSAT uni front is that some people were rejected from SGUL.
    Neither!
    Where abouts have you applied??

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Neither!
    Where abouts have you applied??

Good luck!
    SGUL, Nottingham, King's, Swansea

ReputationRep:
    Guessing no-one heard anything from Newcastle today.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Is anyone please able to clarify the student finance / NHS support for students entering GEM after their first degree?

Thanks a lot and good luck with offers!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard from Birmingham or Warwick yet for grad entry?

I am begging to lord that this does not happen to anyone but what will you guys do if you don't get into medicine after a few UCAS application cycles?
    I can't think of a career other than medicine but I do need a safety backup plan that I can follow if it does not work out :/

(Atm this is just a hypothetical scenario for me but one that is possible)

ReputationRep:
    Guys this is a hypothetical scinario too!

This is for undergrad course as a grad.. finance question

Realistically if I use maintiance loan, bank loan and work

Also what's happenes with student finance once you hit 25 but live with your parents and are not married?

Thanks for reading any help?!?? I think I'm just trying to make my self feel better by pretending funding will be ok 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsar101)
    I am begging to lord that this does not happen to anyone but what will you guys do if you don't get into medicine after a few UCAS application cycles?
    I can't think of a career other than medicine but I do need a safety backup plan that I can follow if it does not work out :/

(Atm this is just a hypothetical scenario for me but one that is possible)
    I'm thinking the exact same thing. the wait from oxford is killing me, but i know i did so bad for my BMAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuffStudent)
    Hey guys. Is anyone please able to clarify the student finance / NHS support for students entering GEM after their first degree?

Thanks a lot and good luck with offers!
    Tuition fees:
    Pay approx £3500 up front at start of first year. Rest is covered by student finance loans and NHS.

Maintenance loans:
    As usual for undergrad as long as you meet same requirements, as far as I am aware.

(Original post by Lostperson)
    I'm thinking the exact same thing. the wait from oxford is killing me, but i know i did so bad for my BMAT
    I know , it is very hard to say how we did in the BMAT because the test is standardised. BMAT uni's(Imperial and Oxford.....) are my last hope for this academic year since my GAMSAT results weren't that great(it was a last minute decision to take the test so I wasn't actually suprised).

Oxford should respond before the end of November, so about two weeks left(yikes!).

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsar101)
    I know , it is very hard to say how we did in the BMAT because the test is standardised. BMAT uni's(Imperial and Oxford.....) are my last hope for this academic year since my GAMSAT results weren't that great(it was a last minute decision to take the test so I wasn't actually suprised).

Oxford should respond before the end of November, so about two weeks left(yikes!).

Good Luck
    I only applied to one bmat uni (oxford).
    and did okay ish in my ukat (700).

a couple of the unis I've applied to have already started interviewing...
    the wait it what is killing me the most

ReputationRep:
    I think King's has started giving out interview offers for A100 so I believe A102 should be very soon... The waiting is the worst bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yanzzz123)
    I think King's has started giving out interview offers for A100 so I believe A102 should be very soon... The waiting is the worst bit
    is a102 the grad course, i thought it was a101?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    is a102 the grad course, i thought it was a101?
    Yeah King's is a bit unusual cuz they have A102 as the GPEP course and A101 is the 6 year extended MBBS programme.

I also applied A100 so I'm quite anxious and worried right now

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.