Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rndons19)
    They rejected me on the 23rd December last year, how lovely! I didn't actually expect to get an interview as it seemed (from tsr thread) they were only interviewing those with 1sts and at the time I was predicted a 2:1 but graduated with a 1st in the end. I'm still not anymore hopeful this time round though. Good luck
    Yeah I have applied with a 2:1 out of blind hope.

ReputationRep:
    They rejected me on the 23rd December last year, how lovely! I didn't actually expect to get an interview as it seemed (from tsr thread) they were only interviewing those with 1sts and at the time I was predicted a 2:1 but graduated with a 1st in the end. I'm still not anymore hopeful this time round though. Good luck
    Congratulations on graduating with a first ! Yeah its peak how they did that i don't even know what my prediction will be in all honesty, hows your UKCAT this year?

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Newcastle! No email yet but they rang me this morning to offer me one in January yessss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bingo wings)
    Congratulations on graduating with a first ! Yeah its peak how they did that i don't even know what my prediction will be in all honesty, hows your UKCAT this year?
    Not fantastic, 674 average but still top 30% hoping the 1st helps me as I know the weight the Ukcat and academic performance

ReputationRep:
    They did that to me last year as well! What a lovely Christmas present!! 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from SGUL? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddleduck)
    Anyone heard from SGUL? :/
    Nope, not heard from anyone yet. Thought I'd have heard from Warwick by now considering the UKCAT scores were sent out before GAMSAT, but still nothing... This is the time period I hate the most, although I can imagine post interview waiting for an offer will be worse haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    Nope, not heard from anyone yet. Thought I'd have heard from Warwick by now considering the UKCAT scores were sent out before GAMSAT, but still nothing... This is the time period I hate the most, although I can imagine post interview waiting for an offer will be worse haha.
    Waiting drives me crazy :P I swear I'm gonna get an RSI from hitting the refresh key constantly for the next few months :P

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know where i can find the applicants:interview and interviewffer ratios?

(I've applied to Liverpool, Cardiff and Keele)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanaUS)
    I attended the interview last year. The advise I can give is to be well prepared to think on your feet especially in the three stations where they ask the life science questions. Don't get bogged down in revising abstruse intricacies because you think the questions are going to be super-duper difficult because it is Cambridge. For the general questions, books on MMI available for purchase on the market are fine. Beware about being asked how your previous or current research at undergrad or postgrad level relate to medicine. I know it sounds trite, but relax. They are very nice and helpful thorought the all process: no gotcha questions.Good luck, you will do great. 😆
    Hey, I also got an offer from Cambridge last Friday (11/11th). What do you think is essential for revision for the science-based questions? I'm just wondering because my background isn't biology and chemistry-oriented, although I have been revising a lot of high school biology and chemistry the past few days (just the basics though). What would you recommend in terms of level of difficulty and what is the third science-based module? And do you think they your problem-solving skills more than what you actually already know?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Won't be hearing anything from Warwick for a while.
    Emailed me to confirm they won't be giving out interviews until late December-early January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocoholic20)
    Anybody know where i can find the applicants:interview and interviewffer ratios?

(I've applied to Liverpool, Cardiff and Keele)
    Hi,

I can't speak for the other two, but the School of Medicine at Keele has all the info on number of applicants, anticipated number of interviews, dates and the interview process online in an 'Applicants' Area' http://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/mbch...pplicantsarea/

Hope this is useful - and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Sam - Digital Team

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe this ****, what exactly do you need to do to get into med lol, i have literally done everything possible!!! I know people who dont jack all and high UKCAT and managed to get in...#Life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    I cannot believe this ****, what exactly do you need to do to get into med lol, i have literally done everything possible!!! I know people who dont jack all and high UKCAT and managed to get in...#Life
    You ok?

ReputationRep:
    chin up. It's early in the cycle. Have you heard bad news from places or just frustrated by the wait?

We just have to try and jump through all of the hoops. I learned when I got rejected from undergrad at school that it doesn't matter how much I wanted it or how much work experience I had, if I didn't tick all their boxes I wouldn't get in. Unfortunately just have to nail those entrance exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    I feel the same way x

The UKCAT should be abolished! A lot of highly capable students miss out just because they did badly on the UKCAT. The reasoning for establishing the UKCAT as a entry requirement seems logical but it is not really reflective of a students potential to become a doctor. Admissions tutor should be more pragmatic on deciding a candidates potential to become a doctor.

The GAMSAT and BMAT exams on the other hand are very fair and reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsar101)
    The UKCAT should be abolished! A lot of highly capable students miss out just because they did badly on the UKCAT. The reasoning for establishing the UKCAT as a entry requirement seems logical but it is not really reflective of a students potential to become a doctor. Admissions tutor should be more pragmatic on deciding a candidates potential to become a doctor.

did you sit it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsar101)

the ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to both Newcaslte and Kings and haven't heard back yet but other people have, should I expect a rejection now then?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.