Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Graduate entry 2018....

For the GAMSAT exam approximately how many marks do you have to score and get as an overall average for a pass to enter medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remedy758)
    Graduate entry 2018....

For the GAMSAT exam approximately how many marks do you have to score and get as an overall average for a pass to enter medicine?
    It varies from year to year and from university to university. They have minimums such as 50 in each section (which, for example would be 50 overall) and then they later set a cut off for the overall mark which varies as ive said. Even if you achieve the minimum, if you are below the cut off (say they set that at 59) you don't get an interview.

We are currently waiting to hear what the cut offs are. You get your exam results after yourbUCAS application has been submitted so you sort of apply in blind faith.

It's not "marks" per se as the GAMSAT is marked in a very complicated way whereby each question is worth a different amount of marks to the next. I.e a score of 50 doesn't mean you got 50 questions right. When you start practicing and doing a little bit more research about the GAMSAT, you'll see what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remedy758)
    Graduate entry 2018....

Ps - Im sure ive seen a graduate entry thread for 2017 application/2018 entry on here..try and find it if you can!

ReputationRep:
    I am a current first year student on the 4 year med course at Oxford. Shoot me any questions if you have them Good luck to you all!!

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Newcastle (A101)

753.3 UKCAT

Newcastle (A101) thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4242002

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin1024)
    I am a current first year student on the 4 year med course at Oxford. Shoot me any questions if you have them Good luck to you all!!
    Hi, I would like to ask some questions regarding Oxford GEM.
    What was your background?
    When did you hear back for an interview offer?#
    What was your bmat like?

I couldn't pm you because I am new to tsr so if you can pm it to me.
    thanks for the offer to ask some questions.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I might apply for 2018 entry and was wondering whether Warwick provides a separate work experience form or do we have to mention everything in our personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    Hi, I might apply for 2018 entry and was wondering whether Warwick provides a separate work experience form or do we have to mention everything in our personal statement.
    A separate form, I believe

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Swansea email yesterday afternoon - cutoff is 58

ReputationRep:
    Warwick Work Experience form through!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Hope everyone is well. Just wanting to know who has been successful for 4yr and/or 5yr at Kings INTERVIEW this year. What was your UKCAT?

Just so I can have an idea at what their cut off was and maybe what it will be for next year.

Congrats to everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Did any grads hear back from any bmat universities about interviews?

Good luck all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blessedbytheone)
    Hi, I would like to ask some questions regarding Oxford GEM.
    What was your background?
    When did you hear back for an interview offer?#
    What was your bmat like?

I couldn't pm you because I am new to tsr so if you can pm it to me.
    thanks for the offer to ask some questions.
    Hi, I did an MSci before graduate Medicine. I got a letter from the medical school saying that it is likely that I will be called for interview on 30th November 2015 and I got my official inivitation from the college on the 6th December 2015. My BMAT was not great, because I failed to prepare for it. I got 6 for part 1, 6 for part 2 and 3 for part 3. I don't think the BMAT is too important, you just need to pass a certain minimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123ash)
    Hey, Hope everyone is well. Just wanting to know who has been successful for 4yr and/or 5yr at Kings INTERVIEW this year. What was your UKCAT?

Just so I can have an idea at what their cut off was and maybe what it will be for next year.

Congrats to everyone!!
    I got an interview at the 5 year one, but I'm a grad and an international. My UKCAT was 833 but if you check the King's thread, people ranging from about 650/700 upwards have gotten an interview so far. I

I've also applied to the 4 year course, but no one has heard back from them yet regarding an interview yet (couple rejections though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin1024)
    Hi, I did an MSci before graduate Medicine. I got a letter from the medical school saying that it is likely that I will be called for interview on 30th November 2015 and I got my official inivitation from the college on the 6th December 2015. My BMAT was not great, because I failed to prepare for it. I got 6 for part 1, 6 for part 2 and 3 for part 3. I don't think the BMAT is too important, you just need to pass a certain minimum.
    Oh cool, how did the interview go? Do you think your MSci helped with your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuralgal)
    I got an interview at the 5 year one, but I'm a grad and an international. My UKCAT was 833 but if you check the King's thread, people ranging from about 650/700 upwards have gotten an interview so far. I

I've also applied to the 4 year course, but no one has heard back from them yet regarding an interview yet (couple rejections though).
    Thanks for this info :-)

ReputationRep:
    Yep also recieved the WE questionnaire email for Warwick.

Hopefully means we're in the first batch to be selected and therefore the highest bracket?

Think I'm being a bit too optimistic though 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    Yep also recieved the WE questionnaire email for Warwick.

Hopefully means we're in the first batch to be selected and therefore the highest bracket?

Think I'm being a bit too optimistic though 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As much as I would love you to be right, I got mine today too & can't believe my UKCAT score would put me in the highest bracket! A girl can dream though am I right

ReputationRep:
    Out if interest-what were your UKCAT scores?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzy88888)
    Out if interest-what were your UKCAT scores?
    If you are interested to see the UKCAT scores for people who got the form, see the link below:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...202619&page=21

Lots of people posted there

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.