Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Received the Warwick for aswell. UKCAT 730 VR 760.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medici103)
    Received the Warwick for aswell. UKCAT 730 VR 760.
    You applied for GEM ? Or the normal 5 year ?

Your UKCAT scores are awesome ! I have a mind of a goldfish , you got any hints or tips ?
    I think I'll have to apply for the UKCATSEN

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez231)
    You applied for GEM ? Or the normal 5 year ?

Your UKCAT scores are awesome ! I have a mind of a goldfish , you got any hints or tips ?
    I think I'll have to apply for the UKCATSEN

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. I applied for GEM for all my choices.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to the medic portal MMI circuit course if so was it any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocoholic20)
    Has anyone been to the medic portal MMI circuit course if so was it any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was thinking of it..but it is too expensive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    I was thinking of it..but it is too expensive?
    Yeah it's quite expensive for 4 hours I booked it but now I'm kinda regretting it 😁😭

Because other courses are roughly the same price but last a whole day and teach you about the NHS and ethics.

But I assumed this course would be better because it's purely MMI practice so I thought it would be really good prep.

Just hope it's worth all that money 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocoholic20)
    Yeah it's quite expensive for 4 hours I booked it but now I'm kinda regretting it 😁😭

Because other courses are roughly the same price but last a whole day and teach you about the NHS and ethics.

But I assumed this course would be better because it's purely MMI practice so I thought it would be really good prep.

Just hope it's worth all that money 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you only MMI interviews? then it would be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    do you only MMI interviews? then it would be...
    It's literally 4 hours of MMI practice and feedback

So you do 10 stations on your own and then another 10 paired up with someone else and then you get feedback on each station.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I take it no one has heard back from Kings GEM this week either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin1024)
    I am a current first year student on the 4 year med course at Oxford. Shoot me any questions if you have them Good luck to you all!!
    I'm an Oxford applicant and have been invited to interview at Harris Manchester. I'm quite daunted by the interviews though! Is there any advice you can offer?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here applying to Irish universities?

ReputationRep:
    What do letters of recommendation need to include? Is it a character reference or is it just proof of having undertaken work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dropbears)
    I'm an Oxford applicant and have been invited to interview at Harris Manchester. I'm quite daunted by the interviews though! Is there any advice you can offer?
    My advice is to relax. You'll do best if you stay calm. From my experience, it did not help that I had read the book "Medical School Interviews: A Practical Guide to Help You Get Into Medical School". The questions require you think out of the box, maybe use some basic science knowledge- but there was nothing that I could have prepared for. Maybe have a read through your personal statement, though I wasn't asked anything about it. What is your background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin1024)
    My advice is to relax. You'll do best if you stay calm. From my experience, it did not help that I had read the book "Medical School Interviews: A Practical Guide to Help You Get Into Medical School". The questions require you think out of the box, maybe use some basic science knowledge- but there was nothing that I could have prepared for. Maybe have a read through your personal statement, though I wasn't asked anything about it. What is your background?
    Thanks, much appreciated! I've just finished my degree in Biomed this year, so are they likely to ask me questions at this level?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Imperial?

(Original post by g3000pro)
    Has anyone heard from Imperial?

Not yet. I too am waiting anxiously

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we'll be hearing back from Cambridge grad med? They said before Christmas at interview, but I've heard 'two weeks after interview' going around...

ReputationRep:
    If anyone would like some GAMSAT practise papers I have some anyone would be welcome to, just cover the postage and they are yours.

ReputationRep:
    Whats everyones thoughts on the Swansea applicant day? Its such short notice and I have a final interview on Thursday for which I want to be in 'give me a job' mode rather than 'I want to be a friggin doctor already' mode! Anyone who's applying again and has been last year - Is it much use? they have a rundown of the course structure (what I'm most interested in) on their website. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Having a little bit of a worry right now with this work experience for Warwick.

I had a Ghana Medical Brigade which I was going to talk heavily about but that was in September 2014, so that's out.

I did 10 weeks full time in a lung function clinic in 3rd year (So that's 50 hours-max cut off), shadowing doctors/consultants and talking to patients about their experience.
    i've recently started a job as a HCA (16 hours), but i've only gone through training during those 16 hours so no direct patient contact as of yet.
    I've volunteered in an elderly care home doing various tasks (22 hours)
    Also volunteered for a day with homeless asylum seekers in Cardiff to find out the goings on there and how they can feedback to the NHS etc. (8 hours)

Is this work experience form purely a box ticking of 'yes, he's met 70 hours in more than 1 category' or is there more to it than that guys?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.