Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawyeth)
    This is probably the most asked question ever but do Nottingham guarantee an interview if you meet cut off and academic qualifiers, or do they peruse the WE forms and cut down more applicants that way?
    I have a decent amount of work experience but probably not a patch on some of the other applicants
    I think you are guaranteed an interview, but they do request you to fill in a work experience form prior to interview. So work experience does contribute towards whether or not you will get an offer, along with interview performance, gamsat score, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    I think you are guaranteed an interview, but they do request you to fill in a work experience form prior to interview. So work experience does contribute towards whether or not you will get an offer, along with interview performance, gamsat score, etc.
    wonderful - thank you!
    how exciting!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an interview for the Oxford graduate entry programme at Worcester college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor-strange16)
    Does anyone have an interview for the Oxford graduate entry programme at Worcester college?
    I had one last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin1024)
    I had one last year
    You're more than welcome to join me this year also 😜 I'm sure your experience would be useful 😉

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Newcastle have finished giving interviews out or whether there are still more to come? :/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what extra points you get for a Masters for Warwick shortlisting?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    Cruel email from barts just containing a newsletter. However looks like an increase in applicants by about 100

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean0219)
    Cruel email from barts just containing a newsletter. However looks like an increase in applicants by about 100

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I thought too, gave me a mini heart arrack haha! Yep slightly more applicants, least we know they'll be sending out interviews from next week

ReputationRep:
    I am rather surprised by all the low figures in the Gamsat cut off anyone know the reasons? The distribution of marks in the graphs seemed pretty normal this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osiris Wintereisse)
    I am rather surprised by all the low figures in the Gamsat cut off anyone know the reasons? The distribution of marks in the graphs seemed pretty normal this year?
    GEM applications were down roughly 10% this year. Plus, I think certain universities suffered lower applications as well.

ReputationRep:
    GEM applications were down roughly 10% this year. Plus, I think certain universities suffered lower applications as well.
    How did you come across that info about the down ten percent? Just curious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osiris Wintereisse)
    How did you come across that info about the down ten percent? Just curious!
    From the ucas info - https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-...urses-increase

Someone in another thread to a roughly 10% drop for gem numbers

ReputationRep:
    From the ucas info - https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-...urses-increase

Someone in another thread to a roughly 10% drop for gem numbers
    Thanks for the link, 10% seems steep from the statistics presented but feasible. Couldn't help but cringe at the 16% drop for EU non UK applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medms1234)
    Nottingham GAMSAT cut off to get an interview -

2017: 56 for applicants with a 2:1 honours degree (or above), and 58 for applicants with a 2:2 honours degree
    Where were the cutoff scores published?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXFrenchKicksXx)
    Where were the cutoff scores published?
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine...q/a101faq.aspx

Under GAMSAT Scores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swfc 16)
    Sure

I liked Swansea as a place. Being coastal it's nice.. but I did find the city a bit desolate. Sure my opinion would change if I lived there though but I prefer bigger cities. Also it was miles and miles from home for me (not that this woulda stopped me had there been the only place I got an offer). It's close to hospitals and has diversity of hospitals (most med schools do anyway nowadays). In terms of ethos I just liked how the admin team described it. Loved how they focused on equality amongst all health professionals.. irrespective of whether you're a doctor or another member of the team, you still play a role in healthcare provision. Swansea is CBL and they emphasised that a lot.. but I don't particularly think that was the most important thing I was looking for.. all teaching methods have positives and negatives. Pretty sure it's prosection too.. they have a great anatomy suite which they show you on the visit day. Spiral curriculum- being used by a lot of med schools in reality, you recap stuff over and over again which I personally think is helpful. Most students had nothing really to say that was negative and lots of students had multiple offers who chose Swansea. Positives all varied really, good extracurricular stuff, sports etc. Good opportunities once on course, they have visit days for specialities which you have to fulfil and can chose from depending on your interest. What the uni are looking for in a student- this one would take a simple google really.. lots of med schools look for similar things, as cliche as they are. Swansea do emphasise a need for people to be completely themselves at interview though. The applicant day is great but I'm sure they would send you the PowerPoint slides should you want them and can't attend. I'd recommend getting them. In terms of interview I can't discuss anything related to content obviously. Swansea make you feel super comfortable at interview so as much as possible try not to stress about it because it's pleasant. Tips would be to remember how far you got at getting to this stage and that you're the sort of candidate they want at their med school if they're interviewing you. Also if you achieve gamsat cut off you are capable of passing an interview successfully. If you have any further questions give me a pm so we don't clog up the thread! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you x1000!! Yeah don't want any specifics on the interview just wanted to know the structure as I'm prepping for MMI's mainly (just need to hear back from SGUL and Notts on interview dates). I just accepted a job offer at a 'big pharma' company which may help or hinder my interview nervousness but its nice to know I have a solid fallback now if I happen to not get (but hopefully I will get a spot! )

My Swansea interview is on March 30th - plenty of time to strategise!

ReputationRep:
    Guys Cambridge results out today!!!!! Got an offer for Hughes hall yay!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceLewis)
    Guys Cambridge results out today!!!!! Got an offer for Hughes hall yay!!!!!!!
    Congrats! I got a rejection unfortunately, but am quite determined to try again next year. How did you find the interview and what would you say you did particularly well on?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.