Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medms1234)
    Nottingham GAMSAT cut off to get an interview -

2017: 56 for applicants with a 2:1 honours degree (or above), and 58 for applicants with a 2:2 honours degree
    Just out of curiosity, is the difference between 56 and 58 big on the GAMSAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hormonal)
    Just out of curiosity, is the difference between 56 and 58 big on the GAMSAT?
    It varies. This year, the difference between the two was 15% of all applicants which is quite a lot. Every point counts in GAMSAT. Though nottingham have set the lowest ever GAMSAT requirement they have used, and are interviewing roughly the top 40% of scores (they usually do the top 20-25%). My thinking with this is that application numbers must have been down, otherwise they will end up interviewing a lot more than usual.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightylaa)
    It varies. This year, the difference between the two was 15% of all applicants which is quite a lot. Every point counts in GAMSAT. Though nottingham have set the lowest ever GAMSAT requirement they have used, and are interviewing roughly the top 40% of scores (they usually do the top 20-25%). My thinking with this is that application numbers must have been down, otherwise they will end up interviewing a lot more than usual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay. Well, good luck (assuming you've applied there!)

ReputationRep:
    This is probably the most asked question ever but do Nottingham guarantee an interview if you meet cut off and academic qualifiers, or do they peruse the WE forms and cut down more applicants that way?
    I have a decent amount of work experience but probably not a patch on some of the other applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawyeth)
    This is probably the most asked question ever but do Nottingham guarantee an interview if you meet cut off and academic qualifiers, or do they peruse the WE forms and cut down more applicants that way?
    I have a decent amount of work experience but probably not a patch on some of the other applicants
    I think you are guaranteed an interview, but they do request you to fill in a work experience form prior to interview. So work experience does contribute towards whether or not you will get an offer, along with interview performance, gamsat score, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    I think you are guaranteed an interview, but they do request you to fill in a work experience form prior to interview. So work experience does contribute towards whether or not you will get an offer, along with interview performance, gamsat score, etc.
    wonderful - thank you!
    how exciting!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an interview for the Oxford graduate entry programme at Worcester college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor-strange16)
    Does anyone have an interview for the Oxford graduate entry programme at Worcester college?
    I had one last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin1024)
    I had one last year
    You're more than welcome to join me this year also 😜 I'm sure your experience would be useful 😉

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Newcastle have finished giving interviews out or whether there are still more to come? :/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what extra points you get for a Masters for Warwick shortlisting?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    Cruel email from barts just containing a newsletter. However looks like an increase in applicants by about 100

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean0219)
    Cruel email from barts just containing a newsletter. However looks like an increase in applicants by about 100

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I thought too, gave me a mini heart arrack haha! Yep slightly more applicants, least we know they'll be sending out interviews from next week

ReputationRep:
    I am rather surprised by all the low figures in the Gamsat cut off anyone know the reasons? The distribution of marks in the graphs seemed pretty normal this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osiris Wintereisse)
    I am rather surprised by all the low figures in the Gamsat cut off anyone know the reasons? The distribution of marks in the graphs seemed pretty normal this year?
    GEM applications were down roughly 10% this year. Plus, I think certain universities suffered lower applications as well.

ReputationRep:
    GEM applications were down roughly 10% this year. Plus, I think certain universities suffered lower applications as well.
    How did you come across that info about the down ten percent? Just curious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osiris Wintereisse)
    How did you come across that info about the down ten percent? Just curious!
    From the ucas info - https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-...urses-increase

Someone in another thread to a roughly 10% drop for gem numbers

ReputationRep:
    From the ucas info - https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-...urses-increase

Someone in another thread to a roughly 10% drop for gem numbers
    Thanks for the link, 10% seems steep from the statistics presented but feasible. Couldn't help but cringe at the 16% drop for EU non UK applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medms1234)
    Nottingham GAMSAT cut off to get an interview -

2017: 56 for applicants with a 2:1 honours degree (or above), and 58 for applicants with a 2:2 honours degree
    Where were the cutoff scores published?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.