ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXFrenchKicksXx)
    Where were the cutoff scores published?
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine...q/a101faq.aspx

Under GAMSAT Scores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swfc 16)
    Sure

I liked Swansea as a place. Being coastal it's nice.. but I did find the city a bit desolate. Sure my opinion would change if I lived there though but I prefer bigger cities. Also it was miles and miles from home for me (not that this woulda stopped me had there been the only place I got an offer). It's close to hospitals and has diversity of hospitals (most med schools do anyway nowadays). In terms of ethos I just liked how the admin team described it. Loved how they focused on equality amongst all health professionals.. irrespective of whether you're a doctor or another member of the team, you still play a role in healthcare provision. Swansea is CBL and they emphasised that a lot.. but I don't particularly think that was the most important thing I was looking for.. all teaching methods have positives and negatives. Pretty sure it's prosection too.. they have a great anatomy suite which they show you on the visit day. Spiral curriculum- being used by a lot of med schools in reality, you recap stuff over and over again which I personally think is helpful. Most students had nothing really to say that was negative and lots of students had multiple offers who chose Swansea. Positives all varied really, good extracurricular stuff, sports etc. Good opportunities once on course, they have visit days for specialities which you have to fulfil and can chose from depending on your interest. What the uni are looking for in a student- this one would take a simple google really.. lots of med schools look for similar things, as cliche as they are. Swansea do emphasise a need for people to be completely themselves at interview though. The applicant day is great but I'm sure they would send you the PowerPoint slides should you want them and can't attend. I'd recommend getting them. In terms of interview I can't discuss anything related to content obviously. Swansea make you feel super comfortable at interview so as much as possible try not to stress about it because it's pleasant. Tips would be to remember how far you got at getting to this stage and that you're the sort of candidate they want at their med school if they're interviewing you. Also if you achieve gamsat cut off you are capable of passing an interview successfully. If you have any further questions give me a pm so we don't clog up the thread! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you x1000!! Yeah don't want any specifics on the interview just wanted to know the structure as I'm prepping for MMI's mainly (just need to hear back from SGUL and Notts on interview dates). I just accepted a job offer at a 'big pharma' company which may help or hinder my interview nervousness but its nice to know I have a solid fallback now if I happen to not get (but hopefully I will get a spot! )

My Swansea interview is on March 30th - plenty of time to strategise!

ReputationRep:
    Guys Cambridge results out today!!!!! Got an offer for Hughes hall yay!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceLewis)
    Congrats! I got a rejection unfortunately, but am quite determined to try again next year. How did you find the interview and what would you say you did particularly well on?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    hey i am a student that is looking to get in graduate medicine aside from your degree what other things have you guys done like work experience shadowing and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    Kings interview! Jan 24

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from St George's for GEM?

I've heard from Swansea and Nottingham but not them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hipp0campus)
    Congrats! I got a rejection unfortunately, but am quite determined to try again next year. How did you find the interview and what would you say you did particularly well on?
    well don't be discouraged and definitely apply again! I had interview last year and didn't get it but got it now! You can request feedback after a couple weeks or so, they gave me a great one last year about which stations I did well
    And which not and what were my strengths and weaknesses it really helped massively!!! I knew what to expect this year... well I was pretty sure I got full marks in few stations cuz they told me I even got to the extra questions, the 2 science ones, the video one and the last station with the professional question but I was sure I did not that well on the ethics one that lady was mean!! And the NHS was pretty meh

ReputationRep:
    well don't be discouraged and definitely apply again! I had interview last year and didn't get it but got it now! You can request feedback after a couple weeks or so, they gave me a great one last year about which stations I did well
    And which not and what were my strengths and weaknesses it really helped massively!!! I knew what to expect this year... well I was pretty sure I got full marks in few stations cuz they told me I even got to the extra questions, the 2 science ones, the video one and the last station with the professional question but I was sure I did not that well on the ethics one that lady was mean!! And the NHS was pretty meh
    Is it me...or is that unfair for everyone else :/ You basically knew all or most of the questions/topics that were coming up and had feedback on how to do well in them..whilst the rest of us had no clue :/ I am sorry if I sound bitter, I promise I am not :P I just find it quite unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DelphiDeWitt)

i got an email saying about the GAMSAT cut off boundaries, but nothing else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DelphiDeWitt)

Just the cut offs email! Does George's send out a work xp form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbon_)
    Is it me...or is that unfair for everyone else :/ You basically knew all or most of the questions/topics that were coming up and had feedback on how to do well in them..whilst the rest of us had no clue :/ I am sorry if I sound bitter, I promise I am not :P I just find it quite unfair
    I'm sorry, I never said it was the same questions I said I had feedback on my strengths and weaknesses and it helped me a great deal. And I'm sorry but you have no right to say I got an offer unfairly and this is way out of order. you have no clue how much work I have done to get to this point, how much struggle and sacrifice and the ridiculous amounts of experience and achievements so please keep your judgement to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, I never said it was the same questions I said I had feedback on my strengths and weaknesses and it helped me a great deal. And I'm sorry but you have no right to say I got an offer unfairly and this is way out of order. you have no clue how much work I have done to get to this point, how much struggle and sacrifice and the ridiculous amounts of experience and achievements so please keep your judgement to yourself.
    I am not judging you, or neither did I say you got the offer unfairly :/ I just said that having been given feedback, and having a better understanding of the questions/topics coming up is quite unfair compared to people who had no clue what was coming up (and you can admit you did have a better idea and advantage compared to everyone else, you said yourself "I knew what to expect this year")...and that isn't your fault, that is cambridge's fault - they should make sure everyone had an idea of what was coming up or change the style/questions completely...I know you worked really hard to get offer, and honestly, well done!!! You deserve it, I am sorry if I made it seem like you didn't

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth doing the GAMSAT? I just can't decide whether it's worth it as I also am not sure I want to go to Nottingham or St. George's. I think I will have a go at BMAT as well as UKCAT next year

ReputationRep:
    I am not judging you, or neither did I say you got the offer unfairly :/ I just said that having been given feedback, and having a better understanding of the questions/topics coming up is quite unfair compared to people who had no clue what was coming up (and you can admit you did have a better idea and advantage compared to everyone else)...and that isn't your fault, that is cambridge's fault - they should make sure everyone had an idea of what was coming up or change the style/questions completely...I know you worked really hard to get offer, and honestly, well done!!! You deserve it, I am sorry if I made it seem like you didn't
    It is quite common though that universities (not just Cambridge) will give you feedback if your application is unsuccessful. It would be unfair if they were given extra info before the interview but it`s not really if given afterwards. And there are only so many things to ask at an interview. You can say this is unfair but at the same time you could have gone to your university's careers services and see if they can give you a mock interview so you will get feedback too. Or get feedback from somebody at your work experience.

ReputationRep:
    I am not judging you, or neither did I say you got the offer unfairly :/ I just said that having been given feedback, and having a better understanding of the questions/topics coming up is quite unfair compared to people who had no clue what was coming up (and you can admit you did have a better idea and advantage compared to everyone else, you said yourself "I knew what to expect this year"...and that isn't your fault, that is cambridge's fault - they should make sure everyone had an idea of what was coming up or change the style/questions completely...I know you worked really hard to get offer, and honestly, well done!!! You deserve it, I am sorry if I made it seem like you didn't
    what on earth this makes no sense! Everyone applying for a second time at anything has more experience because they went through the process the first time! It's axiomatic for anything in life, you know more the second time. And I think it's really decent of Cambridge to give feedback which FYI was in words like "you did excellent in terms of empathy and science knowledge but you lacked insight in ethic and professional questions" if you think that is THAT great of an advantage then you're just finding excuses for yourself. Plus In case you don't know, Cambridge has already ranked all applicants 40% from their statement, experience and references prior to interview and the interview counts 60% of your overall ranking so basically almost half and half . I'm sorry but I lost a whole year having to re apply and you saying this is unfair is quite insulting to the determination and dedication of people trying again for what they believe in life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamly042)
    It is quite common though that universities (not just Cambridge) will give you feedback if your application is unsuccessful. It would be unfair if they were given extra info before the interview but it`s not really if given afterwards. And there are only so many things to ask at an interview. You can say this is unfair but at the same time you could have gone to your university's careers services and see if they can give you a mock interview so you will get feedback too. Or get feedback from somebody at your work experience.
    I am pretty sure the Cambridge feedback would be a lot more helpful then feedback from mock interview because it would be specific to Cambridge..even the rejection email I got had so much useful information in it...also after my interview, I spoke to someone who said they did it last year and told me there were a lot of similarities (they didn't really expand on it, just said they felt comfortable going into it and coming out) :/ that is what I find unfair...there is nothing wrong with what I said..she did go in with an advantage compared to everyone else..but I am not saying she doesn't deserve it or didn't work hard for it :/

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure the Cambridge feedback would be a lot more helpful then feedback from mock interview because it would be specific to Cambridge..even the rejection email I got had so much useful information in it...also after my interview, I spoke to someone who said they did it last year and told me there were a lot of similarities (they didn't really expand on it, just said they felt comfortable going into it and coming out) :/ that is what I find unfair...there is nothing wrong with what I said..she did go in with an advantage compared to everyone else..but I am not saying she doesn't deserve it or didn't work hard for it :/
    no but you're saying it's unfair that I have more insight and knowledge on what to expect which is reasonable cuz I had already failed! It's ridiculous! So no one should try again to get better at something because it's unfair to people trying for first time? Jeez really

ReputationRep:
    what on earth this makes no sense! Everyone applying for a second time at anything has more experience because they went through the process the first time! It's axiomatic for anything in life, you know more the second time. And I think it's really decent of Cambridge to give feedback which FYI was in words like "you did excellent in terms of empathy and science knowledge but you lacked insight in ethic and professional questions" if you think that is THAT great of an advantage then you're just finding excuses for yourself. Plus In case you don't know, Cambridge has already ranked all applicants 40% from their statement, experience and references prior to interview and the interview counts 60% of your overall ranking so basically almost half and half . I'm sorry but I lost a whole year having to re apply and you saying this is unfair is quite insulting to the determination and dedication of people trying again for what they believe in life
    Yes...you know more the second time...which is advantage compared to those who don't..I know it is the way of life..and life is unfair lol..and i said it isn't your fault...but cambridge should have at least changed style of questions (apparently it was quite similar to last year)

I know these things..I never said you didn't deserve a place, or you didn't work hard for it..I am just saying you had slight advantage at the interview..which is unfair because there was similarities to last year

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.