Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddleduck)
    None, as far as I know! Unless you mean interviews?
    Was just curious if any interview before Christmas and send out offers prior to January! I think I might be put on a waiting list for interview and wanted to see what the likelihood of people declining their interviews would be and that's the only reason I can think of!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmd2)
    Was just curious if any interview before Christmas and send out offers prior to January! I think I might be put on a waiting list for interview and wanted to see what the likelihood of people declining their interviews would be and that's the only reason I can think of!
    I think Cambridge have already given their offers out from what I can tell. It was being discussed earlier in the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmd2)
    Cambridge is the only one that interviews and makes offers before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    Cambridge is the only one that interviews and makes offers before Christmas.
    Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    where does one even start with MMI prep?
    i really didnt expect to get this far and now im panicking haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawyeth)
    where does one even start with MMI prep?
    i really didnt expect to get this far and now im panicking haha
    most people recommended the ISC Medical School Interviews book (think same authors as the UKCAT one), and so far ive found it really helpful. it has a lot of info to help you prepare for the different types of questions that might come up, and points you in the right direction in terms of doing your own research and personalising your answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh Laurie)
    most people recommended the ISC Medical School Interviews book (think same authors as the UKCAT one), and so far ive found it really helpful. it has a lot of info to help you prepare for the different types of questions that might come up, and points you in the right direction in terms of doing your own research and personalising your answers.
    ooh thanks for the recommendation - I think it'll be a christmas present from me to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawyeth)
    ooh thanks for the recommendation - I think it'll be a christmas present from me to me!
    ha hope it wont be the best xmas gift you receive. bear in mind it has close to 400 pages of mostly solid text, so better grab it sooner than later to cram it all in if you have early january interviews. (i must sound like a salesperson.)

ReputationRep:
    ha hope it wont be the best xmas gift you receive. bear in mind it has close to 400 pages of mostly solid text, so better grab it sooner than later to cram it all in if you have early january interviews. (i must sound like a salesperson.)
    Every time i read a post that you have written I hear it as if the real Hugh Laurie is saying it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,
    This may have already been asked/answered but when we do MMI interviews do we literally walk through the door of the station and start? Or do we introduce ourselves, shake hands and then start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medici103)
    Every time i read a post that you have written I hear it as if the real Hugh Laurie is saying it!
    I feel you but I suppose he'd have been more sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yanzzz123)
    I feel you but I suppose he'd have been more sarcastic
    Depends if you hear Hugh Laurie, Greg House, or Mr. Little (father of Stuart)! I always think of Dr. House, so you're probably right.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you hear Hugh Laurie, Greg House, or Mr. Little (father of Stuart)! I always think of Dr. House, so you're probably right.
    i heard some admissions people check TSR so Dr House wont come out until i have an offer ha

ReputationRep:
    i heard some admissions people check TSR so Dr House wont come out until i have an offer ha
    Very wise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GWHB63)
    Hi All,
    This may have already been asked/answered but when we do MMI interviews do we literally walk through the door of the station and start? Or do we introduce ourselves, shake hands and then start?
    Walk in, shake hands and introduce yourself. Its a professional degree you're trying to get on to so be professional. Its only takes 20s max and makes you look well-rounded (which you should be already if you want to be a Dr!).

ReputationRep:
    Barts interview! 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel2601)
    Barts interview! 😊
    This for the A101 course? Or A100? If GEM first interview I've seen been given for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rndons19)
    This for the A101 course? Or A100? If GEM first interview I've seen been given for that
    There have been a number of GEM interviews given out today. Someone did say that they had spoken to admissions and interviews will be given out this week and in January.

ReputationRep:
    There have been a number of GEM interviews given out today. Someone did say that they had spoken to admissions and interviews will be given out this week and in January.
    For barts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rndons19)
    For barts?
    Yes.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.