Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muazzama6)
    Actully i already have a 4 years degree in Clinical psychology, now i m doing undergraduate degree in biomedical. Because i didnt know that i can apply to medical schools with my degree in clinical psychology. Now i cant do anything because i have to complete my degree in biomed as i spoke to cardiff uni they said u have to complete ur degree before going anyway else. Ya i studies english and maths in my school days.
    Blimey , can you not leave after this year ?
    And then apply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez231)
    Blimey , can you not leave after this year ?
    And then apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats what i thought, but i spoke to cardiff university school of medicine, they said that they dont accept transfer, complete ur degree first, u cant apply to medicine in cardiff university until u complete ur current course in biomedicall sciences.I hope its all the case with all the other medical school, but i dont know yet, if u know anything plz do let me know, thankx

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i thought, but i spoke to cardiff university school of medicine, they said that they dont accept transfer, complete ur degree first, u cant apply to medicine in cardiff university until u complete ur current course in biomedicall sciences.I hope its all the case with all the other medical school, but i dont know yet, if u know anything plz do let me know, thankx
    I mean you already have an eligible degree under your belt, what if you quit biomed after this year and apply ?
    Then again having two degrees and a strong UKCAT/BMAT would benefit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez231)
    I mean you already have an eligible degree under your belt, what if you quit biomed after this year and apply ?
    Then again having two degrees and a strong UKCAT/BMAT would benefit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank u very much, i am thinking the same. How should i prepare for UKCAT/BMAT? Whts the most effective way of prep

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone recommend going on an interview prep course?
    I don't know whether to go on one or not...not sure if it'll be worth it really.
    If anyone has been on one could you let us know your experience and whether you'd recommend it or not.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katray)
    I don't know whether to go on one or not...not sure if it'll be worth it really.
    If anyone has been on one could you let us know your experience and whether you'd recommend it or not.
    Thanks!
    DITTO, I'd like to know too please.

ReputationRep:
    I highly recommend Medic Portal. Either the group session where you get a mock as well, or the 1 on 1 interview tutoring. They have pretty decent insight into all of the med school selection processes including grad entry. It can't replace your own study and prep but it gives you confidence and a chance to practice answering questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katray)
    Thanks!
    Don't bother spending the money... You get as good a practice just finding a willing friend to practice with or just ask someone if you can just talk through your answers for the standard questions you think might come up.
    I actually found a friend through this forum and we would Skype and talk through everything we could think of. Then on the day it was really natural and not rehearsed/sounded like everyone else's answers.
    As long as you can talk to another human being well you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcsurfer)
    Don't bother spending the money... You get as good a practice just finding a willing friend to practice with or just ask someone if you can just talk through your answers for the standard questions you think might come up.
    I actually found a friend through this forum and we would Skype and talk through everything we could think of. Then on the day it was really natural and not rehearsed/sounded like everyone else's answers.
    As long as you can talk to another human being well you'll be fine
    Great advice! Is there a place you can recommend to get med interview questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by high)
    Great advice! Is there a place you can recommend to get med interview questions?

Loads and loads of questions on various topic here
    https://www.themedicportal.com/e-learning/interview/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuromeg)
    Loads and loads of questions on various topic here
    https://www.themedicportal.com/e-learning/interview/
    Thank you! So much these are excellent. It's helping a lot with articulating my feelings towards studying medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by high)
    On here, lots of googling. Thinking of the obvious stuff they will ask you, i wouldn't read too may books etc as you'll end up using their answers if you're not careful!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Has anyone who has applied to both grad and undergrad courses at the same uni (for example Barts) receive 2 separate interviews? Or do they interview you once for the grad program and then decide where to put you?

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicac316)
    Hi! Has anyone who has applied to both grad and undergrad courses at the same uni (for example Barts) receive 2 separate interviews? Or do they interview you once for the grad program and then decide where to put you?

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was wondering wether it would be worth applying for both, I heard people who apply for the graduate get offers for the undergrad if they meet the requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osiris Wintereisse)
    I am a GEM applicant, and Exeter/Plymouth do only look at your GAMSAT results to decide whether to offer you an interview or not. I've spoken to the admission offices as well. This is a copy and paste from their FAQ (Exeter)

On the other hand, if you have completed a degree programme or it has been more than two years since you completed your full A levels, you will be considered as a non-direct school leaver. In this instance you will be required to take the Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) in order to be considered. Your performance in GAMSAT will be the only necessary information on your application. Your performance in a prior degree or past secondary school will not be taken into consideration. Applicants who achieve less than 59 overall are unlikely to be invited to attend an interview. Threshold scores in each section will need to be met.
    Thanks alot for your reply. My apologies for the late reply.
    That is very assuring! That means the GAMSAT plays a big role here.
    This is not a surprise to be frank as the GAMSAT is certainly not an easy exam to do well in.
    I am not much happier after hearing this Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone who's interviewed previously at SGUL know if it's usually a single question per station? Been practising and my interview books recommend a maximum of 2.5-3 mins per answer but I don't want overrun trying to use the 5 minutes appropriately, especially if unbeknownst to me they are planning asking a second question that I don't leave time for.

Anyone any experience with this? I know each station is essentially 'themed' but unsure if it's a single question/task or multiple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    are you allowed a pen and paper during the MMI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawyeth)
    are you allowed a pen and paper during the MMI?
    Depends, Newcastle let us take notes but Warwick didn`t.
    At least for in between stations.

ReputationRep:
    Actully i already have a 4 years degree in Clinical psychology, now i m doing undergraduate degree in biomedical. Because i didnt know that i can apply to medical schools with my degree in clinical psychology. Now i cant do anything because i have to complete my degree in biomed as i spoke to cardiff uni they said u have to complete ur degree before going anyway else. Ya i studies english and maths in my school days.
    They're wrong. Leicester, Newcastle, Exeter, and Plymouth were all happy to accept my application when I was in my first year of biomed.

ReputationRep:
    Did you sit the same MMI we did? Graduates didn't need a pen and paper, was all spoken or acted out

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.