Turn on thread page Beta

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123ash)
    Thank you. The KAPLAN course is pricey, but my score last year was a very low average, I did not actually apply, I just sat the UKCAT course so when it comes to this year when I want to apply it is not al new to me. I just want to help boost my score somehow. If the money is worth it, then I don't mind, hence its good to hear from someone who actually took the course.

The online course is cheaper and worth it in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    You learn the same things online as you would if you attended the in-classroom course. For me personally, I just learn better physically being in front of a teacher rather than watching seminars online but the online course is definitely a good alternative to save money!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. The KAPLAN course is pricey, but my score last year was a very low average, I did not actually apply, I just sat the UKCAT course so when it comes to this year when I want to apply it is not al new to me. I just want to help boost my score somehow. If the money is worth it, then I don't mind, hence its good to hear from someone who actually took the course.

You're welcome as I said, my friend didn't score as high as she would have liked but her score did still improve from previously so I definitely think it's worth it and the online course is a good cheaper alternative. Also, remember that the UKCAT isn't the be-all and end-all of your application so if it doesn't go to plan you've still got options. You could always try the GAMSAT or BMAT or potentially look at undergrad courses if you can afford them because they require a much lower UKCAT score than graduate courses do. Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The online KAPLAN course or the TMP??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav43)
    You're welcome as I said, my friend didn't score as high as she would have liked but her score did still improve from previously so I definitely think it's worth it and the online course is a good cheaper alternative. Also, remember that the UKCAT isn't the be-all and end-all of your application so if it doesn't go to plan you've still got options. You could always try the GAMSAT or BMAT or potentially look at undergrad courses if you can afford them because they require a much lower UKCAT score than graduate courses do. Good luck with your application!
    Thank you so much. I really don't think I could do the GAMSAT or BMAT, I don't have any A-Levels, only an Access course. My options are very limited .

But I am not one to give up easily, if there is a little hope, I will keep trying .

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much. I really don't think I could do the GAMSAT or BMAT, I don't have any A-Levels, only an Access course. My options are very limited .

But I am not one to give up easily, if there is a little hope, I will keep trying .
    To be fair I only did the UKCAT because I was on a placement last summer so I didn't have enough time to revise for the GAMSAT or BMAT so my options were limited too but I ended up with an offer from Warwick as well as an offer from HYMS for undegrad so definitely don't give up, you'll get there in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav43)
    To be fair I only did the UKCAT because I was on a placement last summer so I didn't have enough time to revise for the GAMSAT or BMAT so my options were limited too but I ended up with an offer from Warwick as well as an offer from HYMS for undegrad so definitely don't give up, you'll get there in the end!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidhchambe)
    Where did your friend get into with 640? big problemo is can't apply UEA due to a levels, and Keele due to A levels would have to do GAMSAT instead of UKCAT

Potentially looking at a score of 39 which isn't very strong. I'm considering Notts actually. Do those all not look at A levels?
    Have you applied this year?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

May sound like a stupid question, but do graduates get to firm/insure offers, or are they only allowed to accept one (like gap year students, for example)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamil98)
    Hey,

May sound like a stupid question, but do graduates get to firm/insure offers, or are they only allowed to accept one (like gap year students, for example)?
    We get to firm one and insure one through UCAS

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy. Does anyone know if grad medicine schools look at individual modules? I have been getting high 2.1’s / high 1sts in my exams but recently got a high 2.2 so I’m panicking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gus1111)
    Heyyy. Does anyone know if grad medicine schools look at individual modules? I have been getting high 2.1’s / high 1sts in my exams but recently got a high 2.2 so I’m panicking
    There’s no real ways to group grad medicine schools bud but if it makes you feel better I applied to two and neither Nottingham or Liverpool have asked me for my transcript so I don’t think they even look let alone care

ReputationRep:
    There’s no real ways to group grad medicine schools bud but if it makes you feel better I applied to two and neither Nottingham or Liverpool have asked me for my transcript so I don’t think they even look let alone care

Thanks for your response! I’m just worried because I’m only applying to UKCAT universities. Really hope they don’t take modules into account, it’s one time I messed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gus1111)
    Thanks for your response! I’m just worried because I’m only applying to UKCAT universities. Really hope they don’t take modules into account, it’s one time I messed up
    Only one of my UKCAT unis asked honestly most don’t care as long as you got the 2:1

ReputationRep:
    Only one of my UKCAT unis asked honestly most don’t care as long as you got the 2:1

Thanks a lot. I’m stilling aiming for a first as I tend to get 80ish in exams, this one was just a **** fest haha. Good luck to you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.