Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, don't forget that the UKCAT is free to sit if you're on a low income (or live in a low income household). Things like universal credit letters, tax credit statements etc with your name on can be used for evidence. The application is really straightforward but if you're a dependant you might need your parents to provide paperwork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_town1)
    Agreed, the price for an exam that I'm sure that I'll fail, even with maximal effort is a major put-off. Prefer the UKCAT format to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't be so sure, I was convinced I'd never get a good gamsat score and I was wrong. The whole system is set up to unnerve you. Don't let it! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_town1)
    Agreed, the price for an exam that I'm sure that I'll fail, even with maximal effort is a major put-off. Prefer the UKCAT format to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So do I. I hope to start revising after my final exams.

ReputationRep:
    And what do you guys think about recent issues with junior doctors and Jeremy Hunt? Do you think it may affect the number of future applicants for medicine and if so, in what way? I am probably being a bit daft in hoping that the competition might be just that one little bit smaller in light of recent problems.... Naive, I know, but every little helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lena000)
    And what do you guys think about recent issues with junior doctors and Jeremy Hunt? Do you think it may affect the number of future applicants for medicine and if so, in what way? I am probably being a bit daft in hoping that the competition might be just that one little bit smaller in light of recent problems.... Naive, I know, but every little helps
    I doubt it will have much of an impact on the number of applications, it's still a stable, interesting and worthwhile career. Jeremy Hunt is just making sure less and less of healthcare and healthcare training comes out of public funds but I think there will always be plenty of people willing to take on large student debts and work difficult hours to do the job.

I do hope that junior doctors being really vocal about the challenges, and hours and working on little sleep & barely getting time to pee on shift etc will result in a better support network for healthcare professionals. What little provision there is is already operating at max capacity in some parts of the country. Fingers crossed we get a party in power soon that actually wants to preserve public services. I don't think the situation is beyond saving yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirJimmus)
    thanks, that's reassuring :P

Yeah I've been looking at their website and it seems to have changed- science degrees only that's very disappointing.
    Kings do have the other option too :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ANYONE going to the Warwick med-school open day on 11th April??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123ash)
    I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123ash)
    (Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
    I am!
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilverine)
    Me too
    Me too, I'm driving in from sheffield. :-)

Where about are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
    I am!
    Me too,

I am driving in from sheffield. Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I am going too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've asked to be put on the waiting list for the July event because the event was fully booked. I kept forgetting to get around to it.

Did anyone sign up for the Swansea open day? I put down that I graduated from university in the Other option for the question that asked which educational establishment we're at because there twere no other options and I don't know if this was the right thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas96)
    I am going too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where are you travelling from?

ReputationRep:
    Going to finish my Masters in September, applying for 2017 entry. Will sit UKCAT and probably GAMSAT.

ReputationRep:
    I'm registered to attend Warwicks open day tomorrow but I've been ill all weekend and don't think I can manage the long drive id have to do tonight/in the morning hopefully it won't be held against me, just my luck to be ill when I was really looking forward to going.

ReputationRep:
    How have people gone about getting their work experience? I literally have none except for some I did about 5 years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indy108)
    How have people gone about getting their work experience? I literally have none except for some I did about 5 years ago
    Contact hospitals directly or on their site as they usually advertise voluntary places, but that can take a while to get hold of. Alternatively, look up some voluntary services and ask what they can find you in the area. I got hold of some like that relatively quickly with the Royal Voluntary Service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underthetree)
    I'm registered to attend Warwicks open day tomorrow but I've been ill all weekend and don't think I can manage the long drive id have to do tonight/in the morning hopefully it won't be held against me, just my luck to be ill when I was really looking forward to going.
    They won't mind hope you feel better soon.
    If you drop them an email to say you can't attend I think they would appreciate it, as would people hoping for a last minute place to pop up. There is another one in the summer, see if they can book you in for that x

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.